Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Custom Bait Cooler

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I do a lot of bait fishing in various areas when I am with my father, brothers or father-in-law.

I was trying to figure out a way to keep my bait fresh and cool in a small cooler of sorts, but also have a cutting board and knife handy. Has anyone ever incorporated anything into a one-piece easy to carry unit?

I was thinking of maybe mounting a cutting board to the top of a small cooler and then mounting some sort of holder for the knife as well..

Looking for some input.. Thanks!

the top of the cooler is your cutting board. throw some ice in a cooler, keep your bait in plastic bags, and cut on top. when you're done, throw the knife inside the cooler and clean it all out when you get home.

add the cutting board to the top and on the side of the board add a small spacer (1/8") then another piece of wood to slide the knife into when not in use. You could probably add a scabard (sp) so the knife isn't exposed.

I like the Chief's idea.

I bought this plastic? cutting board from my favorite store and epoxied it to the top of a small cooler from same vendor. Adding a slot for the knife sounds like a winner. JMHO C2