Followers 0
drakes

Plug ID help please

13 posts in this topic

Found this in my box the other day and would like some help on the D

I know it is a surfster style plug but other then that, i am clueless

wondering if it is a local plug maker

Dave

For the most part, it does look like Tony's work, but the green eyes are puzzling. As far as I know he didn't use those green eyes, but then again, whatever he had around at the time, that's what he would use.

whats funny about the plug it was given to me many years ago and was put away when i stopped salt fishing for a while and other day going through my boxs i found this not knowing who made it. also not knowing who tony spina is but have since found out a lot of info about tony here on the net.

now i just met tony just three weeks ago when we opened the shop,

he stops in because he knows steve and now he is a regular here at the store. but just this past week he has been mia because his truck broke down and he was having some health issues but he walks in once in a while but needs a ride back.

He has also brought some of his plugs here for me to use and i have been regularly, and they work very well, so now i own many more tony plugs,

but have not seen him for a few days to ask about this one plug,

i guess i am going to have to go pick him up and bring him in to get him out of the house,

something i have learned about tony is he cannot sit still very long

i will let you know here in a few i think it is time to check in on him to see if he is ok

when i ask him i will let you all know what his thoughs are

thank you

dave

View PostFor the most part, it does look like Tony's work, but the green eyes are puzzling. As far as I know he didn't use those green eyes, but then again, whatever he had around at the time, that's what he would use.

Charlie

after reading what you said about the green eyes, me and steve gave it a closer inspection and it looks like someone put in the green eyes over the originals.

Dave

well today it was comfirmed

tony stopped in the shop today and signed and dated that was his plug

made in 1960

now it hangs on the wall frown.gif this was one of my best swimming plugs i had in the box.

also note that tony also brough in a new plug for us today to have and gave this one to steve, picture to follow and story to come

dave

View Postwell today it was comfirmed

tony stopped in the shop today and signed and dated that was his plug

made in 1960

now it hangs on the wall frown.gif this was one of my best swimming plugs i had in the box.

also note that tony also brough in a new plug for us today to have and gave this one to steve, picture to follow and story to come

dave

Now that is a nice thing!smile.gif