Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfin

Comparing different shimano reels

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I just picked up a saros for back bay plugging. I'm very happy with it. In comparing all three reels, I went for the extra spool that comes with the saros. According to shimano, the saros has the gear upgrade as well. As long as that is not BS, it seemed worth the extra $30 over the symetre. I'm also looking for a new freshwater reel. I'm comparing the sienna, sedona and sonara. I can't quite figure out which one is the best buy for the $. Anyone have any opinions of this? The sienna feels just like the other two reels and only cost 1/2 what the sonara costs. headscratch.gif

for fresh I fish a spehros & my brother fishes a sedona -

and both are excellent excellent fresh water reels - not sure about the sienna - but the above reels are great

really i don't see a difference,i like the saragosa the best then the stradic and spherosand bait runner.The symetre and sahara are good cheap reels,not oo differnent from saros,ilke the sahara better though

View Post I'm comparing the sienna, sedona and sonara. I can't quite figure out which one is the best buy for the $. Anyone have any opinions of this? The sienna feels just like the other two reels and only cost 1/2 what the sonara costs. headscratch.gif

I picked up the little sienna...Im gonna get another. For the price, its tough to beat. And I agree, the sedona & sienna feel pretty much the same. I have both... Chk out my post on here... http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=734467

I'll probably end up picking up the 4000 & 2500.

Hint...a big outfitter store has them avail for free s&h right now. wink.gif