Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CcCstriper89

Bear in Blackstone, Massachusetts!

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Just caught the tail end of the news in which they said a Black bear and I believe the cub was seen outside the middle school in Blackstone. That is right down the street from my house and actually hunt those woods a little. Kind of coolbiggrin.gif

Last year a woman in Grafton walked from her kitchen out into her garage (attached garage). They had left the garage doors open all night and there was a mother and cub in her garage eating out of the trash cans. They live right down the street from me.

While hunting last season I found a half dozen trees where bears have been scratching / rubbing.Though I have never personally seen one around here, There around and have been for some time now. A sergant on Grafton PD took pics of a good size bear on a town ball feild last summer. That bear was not shy and kept making appearances all summer. I think he was relocated because all of the towns' new residents thought their kids were going to get eaten. kooky.gif

I don't think they get much press to keep the panic level down. All these people moving from the city love the idea of moving to the "country" until a wild animal moves into the neighborhood. cwm31.gif

My experience is, they're all anti-hunting, tree hugging do gooders that bad mouth hunting and trapping until the deer start eating their $50,000 landscapes and their kitty cats get eaten by coyotes and their lawns are torn apart by turkeys, then they want everything killed cause it's costing them $$$$ or personal inconvenience.