Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
superstriper

why lie about your record

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

View PostPride.

................................................ ............

I don't understand why so many job seekers falsify their history, experience, past employment record, etc.

View PostI don't understand why so many job seekers falsify their history, experience, past employment record, etc.

I am with you lichum.

Over the years I can not tell you how many bogus claims I have seen on resumes.

Jobs, Military service, education, life experience, false names and SS #'s, it goes on and on.

Nuts.kooky.gif

Dennis

View PostPride.

................................................ ............

I wouldn't call it pride...more like "lie" for the sake of making yourself look better than you really are.

Technically, he is called a Viet Nam Era Veteran.

So, did he serve in the Viet Nam War, without going to Viet Nam?

Are guys that were in the military, but never left the US, during WW2 or Korean War still considered World War 2 and Korean War vets?

View PostI am with you lichum.

Over the years I can not tell you how many bogus claims I have seen on resumes.

Jobs, Military service, education, life experience, false names and SS #'s, it goes on and on.

Nuts.kooky.gif

Dennis

I do understand that some unemployed people, desperate for a job, are motivated to lie on their job application.

What I don't understand, is why or how they think they can get away with lying, when employers can easily use the www to check their job application information.

View PostI do understand that some unemployed people, desperate for a job, are motivated to lie on their job application.

What I don't understand, is why or how they think they can get away with lying, when employers can easily use the www to check their job application information.

It is pretty amazing during these Internet days especially but it has been going on for over 37 years.

I understand that some people have a past they may not be proud of.

The worse thing in my opinion though is to lie about it going in. My deal is if they will lie to you once they will lie to you always.

I would rather hear the truth and go from there.

I will have their story checked out. I have people working for me that could not get hired elsewhere in a million years.

One guy for over 12 years and 3 others between 5-12 years.

Not being a big shot here but I believe some folks are worthy of a second shot. ( non-violent crimes)

Not only that if they eff up they have to go back to prison and finish up their terms !cwm31.gif

Good incentive not to eff up.cwm27.gif

So far so good.

Dennis

Edit: Sorry for getting off topic.

Why is it a surprise that a politician would lie to further his political ambitions? He's looking to take the seat formerly held by Chris Dodd and barring some huge revelation he should be a shoe in to get it. He's just going to be another Obama yes man.

Connecticut is farged up because of people just like him running this state into the gound and the voters are to stupid to realize it.

View PostPeter Schiff is running on the ® ticket, if I lived there I would vote for him. smile.gif

I don't know if he has enough resources or name recognition to win the primary. He does however have the right message.

He will get my vote if he goes up against that other Bluemen idiot.