Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otshawytsha

Keep An Eye Out For My Bottle Plug "Zito"

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Drilled out my essentially finished bottle plug proto that I spent about 4 hours on over 1.5 weeks, testing and testing, waiting for it to dry etc., and put in a big .5oz piece of lead. Couldn't wait for daylight to see how it swam with the weight near the center of the plug so I went down to the dock at 11pm and wired it up and bent the wire at--oops--about 30 degrees at the tail hook. Cast it out when all of sudden the bottle plug activated it's message in a bottle function. All I got back was the closed snap. Poop.

I guess the throughwire pulled out on the cast. I'm thinking I should be bendind it 180 degrees.

"Zito" is printed on it's back.

Ha! Last week on another site I replied to another guy's story of a losing a just-completed handcarved and thorougly tested plug by saying that "The fishing gods have a cruel sense of humor". I think this confirms that and I hope they are appeased now.

View Posti donated a fixter pencil to the fish gods tonight..

nightmare!

I've found about four lures that I cast off. They came back ashore within an hour or two of losing them. This was at a beach with an onshore wind and only a single sandbar and no rips.

I'm sorry for your loss.

View Postno pain no gain.. + i live pretty close to the source of them..

Ouch none-the-less. How many fish did that plug account for over the past year? Can't help but flash through your mind as you see it sailing over the horizon. Hurts when you lose a plug with good mojo. May be a while yet, but here's to wishing the maestro a speedy and successful recovery so that he can get back to practicing his art.

it was only fished twice and i missed fish on it the cast before i sent it away.. i usually have no problem getting them back but the seas were angry and combined with 20 knot winds i just could not see it long enough to cast for it..

Been there & done that. Even stripped down to my jocky's a couple times & went for a swim to retrieve a favorite plug. I remember doing it one night when my partners pikie got hung up on some pilings that will show themselves when sand movment is extreme. I bet Ghost Fish Slayer knows the spot. My partner had just landed a nice striper on the plug & hated to loose it but did not want to strip down & retieve it. So I volunteered to do it for him. It was about 2 AM in the morning & when he saw me come out of the water in just my skivvies & holding his pikie he started laughing so hard at the sight I think he about pissed his shorts.. fond memmories indeed.... but certainly not something I would reccommend. No plug is worth taking chances for. Mike

View PostBeen there & done that. Even stripped down to my jocky's a couple times & went for a swim to retrieve a favorite plug. I remember doing it one night when my partners pikie got hung up on some pilings that will show themselves when sand movment is extreme. I bet Ghost Fish Slayer knows the spot. My partner had just landed a nice striper on the plug & hated to loose it but did not want to strip down & retieve it. So I volunteered to do it for him. It was about 2 AM in the morning & when he saw me come out of the water in just my skivvies & holding his pikie he started laughing so hard at the sight I think he about pissed his shorts.. fond memmories indeed.... but certainly not something I would reccommend. No plug is worth taking chances for. Mike

Was that Randy's plug? Said you would allow him to buy it back from you. LOL!!! Met him on the beach about a week ago and he related some of the good times he had fishing with you.