Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquacide

*** - Bristol Palin to Hit Speakers Circuit

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Seriously ?

politics aside this is ludicrous :

JUNEAU, Alaska-Bristol Palin is hitting the speakers' circuit and will command between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance, Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein said Monday.

Van Flein said Bristol Palin will be selective in the speeches she gives.

He said he believes she's interested in expanding her message beyond teen pregnancy to include her experiences on the campaign trail and in the media spotlight; her parenting approach; and her outlook on life.

what have we come to, when people will pay for parenting advice from a 19 yr old unmarried single mother.

kooky.gif

View PostSeriously ?

politics aside this is ludicrous :

JUNEAU, Alaska-Bristol Palin is hitting the speakers' circuit and will command between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance, Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein said Monday.

Van Flein said Bristol Palin will be selective in the speeches she gives.

He said he believes she's interested in expanding her message beyond teen pregnancy to include her experiences on the campaign trail and in the media spotlight; her parenting approach; and her outlook on life.

what have we come to, when people will pay for parenting advice from a 19 yr old unmarried single mother.

kooky.gif

Whoa. That's surreal. I've got to give the Palin clan props though. They have cashed in on that VP nomination like no others. Well played Palin family.

Thelist of organizations that actually pay 15-30k to hear her speak should be a hoot though. However, I'm filing this under "I'll believe it when I see it". This could be a trial balloon to see if she can find work that way.

View PostSeriously ?

kooky.gif

View Post

Thelist of organizations that actually pay 15-30k to hear her speak should be a hoot though. However, I'm filing this under "I'll believe it when I see it". This could be a trial balloon to see if she can find work that way.

exactly ... did the article say she had any gigs booked ?

if she comes out and is honest about the choices she made and struggles a young teen mom has; it'll be fine. it'll be tough to take at face value because she's no typical teen mom and has likely 1000% more family and monetary support than most have.

View PostThis could be a trial balloon to see if she can find work that way.

which is worse - how about doing it to help people/kids ?

When I was abou 13/14 our school had an 18 yr old smack addict come in to talk to us about the dangers of hard drugs. I am pretty sure he didn't see that as a career...

View Postif she comes out and is honest about the choices she made and struggles a young teen mom has; it'll be fine. it'll be tough to take at face value because she's no typical teen mom and has likely 1000% more family and monetary support than most have.

MC,

I agree with the first part of your post. But when she got preggos, mom hadn't been selected as VP yet. The family at that time, was close but middle class...certainly not rich. Really it is the typical story of what happens to a large number of kids today.

If she can tell her story, have an impact on other kids and make a little $$$ out of it...no problemo.

View PostMC,

I agree with the first part of your post. But when she got preggos, mom hadn't been selected as VP yet. The family at that time, was close but middle class...certainly not rich. Really it is the typical story of what happens to a large number of kids today.

If she can tell her story, have an impact on other kids and make a little $$$ out of it...no problemo.

agreed

View PostMC,

how is her story going to help others? is she going to tell them to just say no? kooky.gif