Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Look, its the Freddie n Fannie show all over again

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hang BP out to dry, but gummit agencies that are supposedly in charge? Fuqueoffe! Having all the jails and most of the guns is swell, wouldn't you agree?

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677...-spill-hearing

The federal agency that regulates offshore oil drilling declined to send a witness to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee's hearing Monday on the federal response to the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill, Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said.

The committee had requested the appearance of a top official from the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service. Lieberman's panel is probing the adequacy of BP's federally approved oil drilling and spill response plans.

"I regret that the MMS leadership has chosen not to appear before our committee today because they really need to be asked the same questions I am going to ask Homeland Security, the Coast Guard and BP," Lieberman said Monday afternoon as the hearing commenced.

The cat that runs the "MMS" just told everybody he has just decided to retire so he can get his big fat pension off into the sunset.

Suckers.

View PostWhen industry insiders or lobbyists are put in charge of regulating those industries what exactly do you expect to happen?

Who should be "in charge"? Nannies? House Painters? Landscapers? Rodeo Clowns? Professional Photographers? A machinist? Or somebody that has some semblance of knowledge of the business?

Has zero to do with the situation. Zippo.

View PostI bet he can get the hole plugged. cwm31.gif

Respectfully Disagree.

Reamed. Open. Stretched. Flaccid. Leaky. Dripping. Blown Out.