Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Toyota Tacoma oxygen sensor...What size nuts?

6 posts in this topic

OK, as I mentioned previously, the oxygen sensor on my '05 Toyota Tacoma has loosened, and the nuts holding it, have loosened, backed off, and fallen off.

This should be a ridiculously easy fix.cwm33.gif Two small nuts, tighten the sensor back in place, all set. But, it's not.mad.gif

I've been to two major auto parts stores, and both places tried every nut in the place, and not one would fit. This is crazy.kooky.gif

Does anyone know what size nut Toyota uses to fasten the oxygen sensor in place directly behind the cat convertor? Or is this some special nut Toyota makes to keep you from working on your own emission system?

Thanks,

Baffled in Bourneo

Bob Did you check the nut behind the wheel? smile.gif (sorry I couldn't resist)

Can't you just go to the parts dept at Toyota and order up 2 nuts? They can't charge that much for them and must have them in stock. Good Luck

chances are that the threads are corroded with rust and deformed by heat.. id suggest a wire brush soft enough that wont do damage to the treads...otherwise its probaly a m8 1.25 if its the senor with the big nut and the sensor in the middle of it, you would have get it from toyota

View Postchances are that the threads are corroded with rust and deformed by heat.. id suggest a wire brush soft enough that wont do damage to the treads...otherwise its probaly a m8 1.25 if its the senor with the big nut and the sensor in the middle of it, you would have get it from toyota

thats what happened to my old toyota. threads were beat! took 2 stainless band straps and clamped them around the o2 sensor and the pipe. stayed like that for 6 or 7 yrs.