Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
my347

boat idenitification

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

recently purchased an older boat for a project.. have a Title with Hin Number. but all i know about the boat is that its a 16 foot center console bayliner with an 85hp force outboard... im tring to find any and all information about the boat.. Looking for a engine and owner manual or any information about it what so every.. electronics ect....

thanks guys

Hull number should be on starboard transom. I had an 87 with 125 Force. Your engine is the same except it is a 3 cylinder instead of 4. They were reliable motors, simple with minor adjustments and none of todays sensor issues. I had a shop manual but sold it with the boat 2 years ago. Good luck with the project. I used Bridge Marine for parts and repair. You will have a hard time finding parts except for very common items. If you have power trim, few 85's did, you can use a 125 hp trim unit. Try Trixie's in Bayville for junkyard parts. Those hulls were notorious for deck rot. I redid mine and saved it.

Good luck with it.

thanks ... for all the help... My boat does have trim.. Im actually in the process to find the replaced fitting/strap for the ram cylinder for the tilt. the deck on the boat from what i can feel and see through the deck ports looks really good. no soft spots, the engine runs great. just doing some maintance since the previous owner doesnt appear to have. just did the water pump and seals. plugs cleaned carbs and now working on wiring and the trim/tilt pump. Was wondering a couple of things you may be able to help me with.

1. The deck bow storage has a drain in it that goes directly to the hull.. But the hole is not threaded for a plug... Does it need a plug like the one in the hull at the transom...

2. on the left side of stern theres a fish box. Im assuming a live well. theres obviously a drain that drains the water to the transom water ports. But at the top of the fish box theres another port ,is that port a Fill from the surf by any chance or is this like maybe an overfill port or something