Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Florence dude

Gary 2 Hybrid Surfster

12 posts in this topic

Hi Nick. A Z-lip on any Surfster will keep it from rolling out too much during the retrieve. I don't thing that a plug rolling out is too much of a problem Nick. Sometimes this will alow a fish to see a flash of an eye on the plug. When a bunker is dying or stunned they swim very erratic anyway. A Striped bass will always try to catch it's target without having to chase it down if it does not have to. They both will catch fish.smile.gif

View PostHi Nick. A Z-lip on any Surfster will keep it from rolling out too much during the retrieve. I don't thing that a plug rolling out is too much of a problem Nick. Sometimes this will alow a fish to see a flash of an eye on the plug. When a bunker is dying or stunned they swim very erratic anyway. A Striped bass will always try to catch it's target without having to chase it down if it does not have to. They both will catch fish.smile.gif

This bad boy is going to catch dust fish cwm27.gif

View PostHi Nick. A Z-lip on any Surfster will keep it from rolling out too much during the retrieve. I don't thing that a plug rolling out is too much of a problem Nick. Sometimes this will alow a fish to see a flash of an eye on the plug. When a bunker is dying or stunned they swim very erratic anyway. A Striped bass will always try to catch it's target without having to chase it down if it does not have to. They both will catch fish.smile.gif

I would bet the farm Gary put the Lefty style lip on t here to give the plug more stability in current. The traditional peened surfster lip stays right on top, sometimes thats what they want. I've always thought the lefty style lip was more versatile of the two, thats what i always went for when the old rooster was selling lures...

I prefer the surfster lip too. Those G2s stays right on top and they are not that bad in medium current. I ,too, would have all standard lip Gary's but they are tough to get and sometimes the "Z" lips are the only thing available. They work too! Steve