Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epanzella

Yam F115 Waterpump help

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

changing the waterpums on my Yam F115's as we speak and the plastic fitting the speedo hose attaches to crumbled to pieces. Can I ignore this or does it perform some other function besides the speedo.

the fitting is plastic and threads into the lower unit next to the waterpump and shifter. The speedo hose comes from the upper unit and connects to it. I don't use a speedo but I wonder if they take water pressure or temp reading off that source. The engines are 2004 F-115's.

I am pretty sure it is just for the speedo. It is easy to replace, that would be the option that I would go with. If you don't want to replace I would still get it out and plug the hole with a stainless or plastic screw of the correct size.

I would not just leave it open.

Its just for speedo sensor. I agree about plugging the inlet or the fitting if you aren't going to fix it. Otherwise water will enter the housing.

I ended up biting the bullet and drove to the dealer. Paying 5 bucks for a 39 cent plastic part is one of life's great pleasures. Thanks for the help, guys.