Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
striper junkie

baitrunner 6500

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

so my mom got me a baitrunner for christmas (i know, sweet, huh) and ive only fished it 4 times this season. havnt been doin much chunkin. but today i took it out for it fourth trip and the drag for the baitrunner (the one on the back) seized up. one minute it was workin the next it wont budge. everything else works fine. i would send it back to shimano but my mom threw away the reciept. she bought it at dicks on a credit card. do you think they would have it on file or somethin? well anyway i came in here to see if it was an easy fix. don't know a thing about taking apart a baitrunner, or any reel for that matter. thanks to aanyone who could help.

If you got it for Christmas, I am assuming it is a "D" series. If so, Shimano will know it is less than a year old, as they were only introduced last summer.

Call them up and see what they say, they are usually pretty good with customer service........but be patient on the phone, it may take 15-20 minutes for you to get an actual person. And remember they are Pacific Time, so customer service doesn't open until 11 AM Eastern Time.

If it is a B Series, I may be able to help you in the fix......On the D's, I can't say, as I have yet to even have one in my hands.