Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Combo fresh/salt outing - a 'so so' day:-)

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Had family from NY in town for part of the weekend and they left in time for me to have an afternoon to fish...So I left towards the cape but decided for a quick peak at a Hopkington location where I had caught 9 trout yesterday...not quite as good but caught three in about an hour before I left for the cape.

Meanwhile, down on the cape, I ended up with 8 smallish schoolies caught down on a southside salt pond...all on top water. I arrived at around 4PM and the first hour and a half was slow (one fish out of two hits) - the last two and a half hours wasn't hot by any means...but it became a steady pick of these small fish and I left while they were still hitting (or at least I left immediately after I caught my last oneredface.gif )...I was hoping to break out the fly rod but between the windy conditions and the fact that I only had a fast sinking line on hand while fishing a shallow pond led me to decide against it.

One thing I have to say that it's somewhat concerning that there hasn't been any true 'schoolie-fest' action (where you catch 30-40 schoolies in an outing) which used to be so common at this time of yearheadscratch.gif ...at least not for me