Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
126andy

Where am I?

14 posts in this topic

Went out to my favorite spot for a bit today no luck. Still having some problems with my shoulders getting the kayak off and on the truck due to the wrong medicine. Hopefully they will be feeling better soon enough, I have a Hullivator and I'm still having problems loading and unloading--how sad is that?redface.gif

I know where you are, No massive bunker schools this year and the weakies are no where to be found.

I did manager a few blues and one 22" bass but more opposite from where you are

Capt--I managed some keepers out of there.The bunker are back there but it will still be a little longer Flood Tide is the jkey there.

How did you make out at Jamacia Bay?

OH I know exactly where you are! I wont tell if you wont tell.

Yak fished there last week lots of blues, no bass or weakfish frown.gif Fun spot with good access and limited boat traffic. The bunker traditionally peak in late june/early july just before it gets too hot. If you head back again there bring some bug spray, the skeeters are notorious!

Im floating on a 15' red prowler, come say hello if you see me around.

It's weird there this year. I was chunking with my son at the inlet mouth last weekend for hours without a bite of any kind, just the occasional bunker getting snagged momentarily on the line making the baitrunner squeal and my heart jump. But they weren't schooled up. Fella comes down, pitches a head, and 5 minutes later has a 20# bass on the beach. Damn. That was the only real action anyone had, none of the many pluggers got a tap.

I'll be out there visiting my mom again Memorial weekend, gonna definitely bring my kayak to get off the beach, and even the canoe in case it's calm enough to go with the kid.

Hang in there Andy. I hope that you figure a pain free way of getting the kayak off the roof and on to the water.

View PostHang in there Andy. I hope that you figure a pain free way of getting the kayak off the roof and on to the water.

Riddler--I'm thinking of undoing the straps driving real fast at the water and then slamming on the brakes--that should do it.biggrin.gif