Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdrenalineJunky

Cape Cod in September or October ?????

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellow salty flyrodders. I've only fished Cape Cod during the spring run in June for the past several years and have done farely well. I have an opportunity to take a free vacation in Dennis Port, Ma during September or October. Which month would you recommend for fishing advantages and what could I expect (bluefin, bass, etc.)? Thanks in advance.

Second half of Sept into the first half of Oct is a great - so many options (especially a little west of you in the Falmouth area and up into Buzzards Bay and the canal)...that's if you're interested in catching the small inshore tunas along with the bass and blues...

View PostSecond half of Sept into the first half of Oct is a great - so many options (especially a little west of you in the Falmouth area and up into Buzzards Bay and the canal)...that's if you're interested in catching the small inshore tunas along with the bass and blues...

^ agreed.

You will probably find a few more bass the more you get into October, but there should (hopefully) be a good amount of blues and albies around during the month of September.

A lot of businesses (restaurants etc.) close around Columbus day so you want to time it as mentioned between the second half of September and Columbus day.

View PostA lot of businesses (restaurants etc.) close around Columbus day so you want to time it as mentioned between the second half of September and Columbus day.

Jeff are you stuck in 1960?biggrin.gif Past the Eastham rotary to Ptown they may close ,from the bridges to the Eastham rotary stay open .