Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Jam Bay

20 posts in this topic

Just came home. I was there Thursday and Friday. I could only stay a couple of days and looking at Saturdays winds, I'm not disappointed. I Fished 3 shifts for a total of 17 hours. A gazillion blues and some bass on artificial. I was there for Weakfish but came up empty. And everyone I talked too came up empty for Weaks.

Nice meeting Mullet Miller and Shipwreck and others that I do not remember your names. Hopefully the Oasis of bunker finds you guys for big bass in the morning. The Slappy factor is always roaming around. Hogy slinga!highfive.gif

Some great anglers competing in the morning. Be safe men. With up too 25 knots out of the Northwest come game time, I would not be surprised if the tournament is postponed but Sunday is not looking any better. That NW wind can be brutal in there.

Sat

NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft in the morning.

Great time. Windy time. NEKF member takes home first.

Not a weakfish to be seen. I did very well on Friday and Saturday. Couldn't catch a bass over 28 inches on Sunday.

A few picssmile.gif

DSC_0925.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0820.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

That looks like Mark. Congrats to him. That would be a bonus if it was a paddle kayak that won it all. biggrin.gif

It was a paddle yak, he regularly schools the pedelers!

No weakies in 4 days. mad.gif I fished hard and burned some serious plastic. I don't mind feeding the plastic to the blues when there is a silver reward, but it just didn't happen this trip.

I can't believe there were no weaks. cwm31.gif I figured someone, especially you Slappy would have found even a micro one. Do you think it was water temp related?

Anyways the harbor misses you Slappy and welcomes you back with open arms. I think you'll like what you find, although at 49 degree water temp the last 2 nights, it got a little sluggish or hogyish. cwm27.gif

The ESE winds and warmer air temps are going to help the temps out.

Jerry and I would like to thank all that came to support this great cause. Will post some final numbers soon.

See you all next year.

Tight lines,

George

Congrats Mark! I don't know if I have ever seen a pic of Slappy during the day. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys in Gansett in a few weeks!