Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbt114

My new racks

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

I received my new rod rack a week ago and I finally hung them up and loaded it with the arsenal.

The gentleman who made them lives in Kentucky and is a real nice guy. The first set he sent me were way too small. They were made for freshwater set-ups. He told me to keep them and he would make me a new set.

I did use the first set for my freshwater sticks and then I received this rack.

I love it. Matches all of the wood in my newly renovated den.

If anyone is interested in one, I can put you in touch with him.

What do you think?

Chris

View PostI received my new rod rack a week ago and I finally hung them up and loaded it with the arsenal.

The gentleman who made them lives in Kentucky and is a real nice guy. The first set he sent me were way too small. They were made for freshwater set-ups. He told me to keep them and he would make me a new set.

I did use the first set for my freshwater sticks and then I received this rack.

I love it. Matches all of the wood in my newly renovated den.

If anyone is interested in one, I can put you in touch with him.

What do you think?

Chris

Nice Job.....I would move the rods so the reels are closer to the rack.That way the weight will be taken from the tip ends of the rods.Look at the bottom rod.

I see a screw or lag bolt at the top and bottom of each piece. Looks very nice, especially the finish (the step I hate doing the most).

What are those reel covers? I think I see a Penn 704z handle in there.

View PostWife makes me hang them in the garagefrown.gif .

Take it overbiggrin.gif . Put in a little work table, place for tackle, plug storage etc.

My house is very small, but I made my "office" my tackle store. When I visit my parents in Texas, I use one of their bedrooms at the "fish" room. My Dad is an avid fishermansmile.gif . I usually spend the last day of my vacation cleaning my gear, and restocking hooks, weights, string, soft plastics, bobbers etc, so when I get to town the next time, I don't ever have to stop off at the sporting goods store.