Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fabio65

Advice on Colton Torrent

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm taking into consideration a purchase of a Colton Torrent T-1113 which looks a great alternative to double priced reels having (I suspect) anything more than the same quality...

Do the spool is screwed on the reel or it's a click-release?

Thanks anyone responding

Fabio

View PostHi,

I'm taking into consideration a purchase of a Colton Torrent T-1113 which looks a great alternative to double priced reels having (I suspect) anything more than the same quality...

Do the spool is screwed on the reel or it's a click-release?

Thanks anyone responding

Fabio

The spool on the Torrent is quick release by turning the release nut counter clockwise 180*. Piece of cake.

Since I am rather partial I'll let the others comment on the qualitysmile.gif

I have the reel and it is a gem. Beautifully made and top quality machining. The drag is smooth as can be with a large but unobtrusive knob. Very easy to find and adjust during a fight. The customer service is great and you can not beat the price.

Oakman

View PostI'm guessing you had to do a run. Is this for sale with portion of proceeds going to CFR?

O

Not for sale by me. I am giving a half dozen to CFR and they can do what they want with them. I don't want a penny from it and I don't want a tax write off. My mother is a breast cancer survivor so it's a personal thing for me. I also support our military every chance I get. Both causes are big in my book!

Thanks everyone, thanks Foulhook.

I think a quick release is good enough.

I cannot understand why these reels are not present known in Italy... They looks and feel really good!

Fabio

View PostNot for sale by me. I am giving a half dozen to CFR and they can do what they want with them. I don't want a penny from it and I don't want a tax write off. My mother is a breast cancer survivor so it's a personal thing for me. I also support our military every chance I get. Both causes are big in my book!

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

As if I needed another reason to buy a Colton reel. Now go make some switch and spey rods.