Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surf surveyor

FREE ZeeBass knife

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Oil headscratch.gif

There's no oil in a ZB just a top grade grease. (I have an unproven suspicion that the grease is Royal Purple)

From the 'net

ultra-performance-grease.jpg

Ultra-Performance Grease (UPG) is a high performance, multi-service, aluminum-complex, synthetic grease which significantly increases bearing life and equipment reliability. It also makes bearings run smoother, cooler and quieter.

UPG satisfies a wide range of grease requirements from the lubrication of bearings to u-joints and general-purpose use. It has outstanding extreme pressure capabilities and excellent water resistance to both emulsion and washout. UPG is stable at high temperatures. It also has excellent oxidation resistance for extended service life and to provide a margin of safety between lubrication intervals.

When the China Star Bullet Train was having heat problems keeping them from achieving optimal speed, they evaluated 26 of the best lubricants available.

Royal Purple's UPG product

solves heat problems for the China Star Bullet Train:

After careful testing, senior engineers selected Royal Purple's Ultra-Performance Grease. Not only did Ultra-Performance Grease help them resolve their heat problems, it also, enabled them to set a new land-speed record for bullet trains.

UPG is made using a superior blend of synthetic base oils plus Royal Purple's unique, proprietary, noncorrosive Synslide additive technology.

View PostOil headscratch.gif

There's no oil in a ZB just a top grade grease. (I have an unproven suspicion that the grease is Royal Purple)

My appologies...I am talking about the red oily substance that leaks out right underneath the rubber bumper on the bottom of the reel body when the reel warms up a bit mad.gif.

Makes you wonder though...VS does not have to give away a knife with their reels. Heck, you do not even get a hat or a sticker.

Just sayin...

View PostZeebaas; is giving away a free knife to anyone who buys a reel; now to June 30, 2010................

Is the over thousand dollars I've spent on my reel not as important to Z?! What a kick in the pants... poor showredface.gif

View PostMy appologies...I am talking about the red oily substance that leaks out right underneath the rubber bumper on the bottom of the reel body when the reel warms up a bit mad.gif.

Makes you wonder though...VS does not have to give away a knife with their reels. Heck, you do not even get a hat or a sticker.

Just sayin...

Send it to them for a looksie, crying about it aint gonna fix it if there is something wrong. If things didn't break or fail, we would'nt need spare parts or mechanics right?

Just sayin... wink.gif

View Postheadscratch.gif I have heard that you can get a free ZeeBass knife if you buy a reel. Does anyone have details?

SS - Saw the sign at Giglio's B&T today stating the same. Apparently Zeebaas is offering the knife if you buy one of their reels. Shop owner mentioned the promotion was going on this month. I'm not in the market for a new reel but if you were gonna buy one thats a nice deal!

That knife is nice - my buddy has one it it looks well made and thought out.

Check the Zeebaas site for an authorized dealer near you.

I collect custom knives and probably have a better than average knowledge about knives. I got one when they first came out and am exceptionally pleased with it. I fish wearing aquaskinz gloves because I use braid and the easy out feature makes the knife very easy to open. It fits the hand well and the lanyard feature gives one security on the beach or jetty. the extreme sharpness makes it easy to cut through braid and mono. Anyway, its a nice knife and a good "gift" for purchasing the reel.

There was some complaining about what belts the sheath would fit but I never understood the problem. I use a dive belt and have no problem putting the sheath on it.

I understand we may be seeing a few more promotions and advertising from ZeeBaas. Whatever improves the longevity of the brand is, in my opinion, a good thing for present and future owners.

View PostSend it to them for a looksie, crying about it aint gonna fix it if there is something wrong. If things didn't break or fail, we would'nt need spare parts or mechanics right?

Just sayin... wink.gif

First of all, I am not crying about it, and did send it in! After it leaked again after I sent it in, I sold it and stuck with my Van Staal.

Funny how I am not the only one with a leaking Z.

I will stick with a VS and buy a knife!

I also hate it when I buy something at a premium and it has a defect.

Your reel may have been a lemon.

My ZX27 has been completely trouble free for three years and I have never opened the case.

A buddy has constant problems with the drag on his VS. Other people never have any trouble.

Good luck with your VS.

I see what they are doing.

When you send your reel out for service every couple of weeks for service.

You can take up widdling as a new hobby while you wait to get the reel back.

Sweet i'm in where do I sign.

View PostI also hate it when I buy something at a premium and it has a defect.

Your reel may have been a lemon.

My ZX27 has been completely trouble free for three years and I have never opened the case.

A buddy has constant problems with the drag on his VS. Other people never have any trouble.

Good luck with your VS.

Aren't you suppose to service it once a year? What's wrong with your reel? Are you fishing with it at all? headscratch.gif

Lavari,

Why don't you read my post again...sloooowwwly.confused.gif

There is nothing wrong with my ZX, it's the best reel I own.

ZeeBaas honors their warranty without forcing customers to pay for service.

Once a year service is a requirement of VS, or used to be.

When I say "never opened the case", it mens I never opened the body of the reel.

D I D I E X P L A I N OK?