Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pine Tree

Illegal action off Long Island

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Got info from a friend in NY that stripers are stacked and being hammered by party boats out 4 to 6 miles off Montauk!

WE ALL KNOW - THAT'S ILLEGAL - smad.gifmad.gifmad.gif o where's the law?

If this is definitely true. Contact the DC with the name of the boat or boats and they will put someone in plain clothes on one of their next trips. If you see it going on while your on another boat call the Coasties.

View PostOne of the boats got hammered with a fine a couple years ago, not going to mention which one. Drop the dime!!!

Probably the same one that was out there.

Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon for comms as well as recs. I see it all the time out there. Calling a Coastie won't work as they all watch each others back and chat it up on the radio if they see one cruising. Undercover DEC will work.

View PostStriped Bass going for $16.95/lb at a seafood market today. Almost as much as Halibut.

A couple of 30lb er's will bring a nice piece of change...

frown.gif

Actually no they wont because the market wants them a certain size...cwm15.gifwink.gif

They all used to run out to the Sub Buoy on the night bass trips. They get busted once or twice a year. Pay the fine and be back next week. Then the DEC and coasties got serious and they all stopped going there. Place was always stacked with 30 and 40 lbers. Saw a couple of fifties. Its an underwater mountain that holds tons of bait.

Sorry but I'm not getting excited by an internet post that starts with 'I heard from a friend'. No partyboat named? Unnamed source? Sorry I need more specifics than that, especially if it's on the internet (where about 90% of the stuff I read is VERY suspect).

As far as the posts talking about the price of stripers commercially, I don't know of anyone with a seafood re-sale license that uses a partyboat as his fishing platform and getting illegal fish bought at market without a seafood re-sale license is not as easy as one may think.

Dude, it's ALL TRUE. It's been going on for 2 weeks. Some of the best environmental larceny I've ever heard. Comms and recs doing the bass in as a team.

Humans are sliding down quickly.frown.gif

View Postcan someone please explain to me why its illegal for the party boats to be fishing for stripers off of mtk?

what am i missing?

3 mile limit