Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassslayer92

broke the ice

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

sheesh i've been out about a dozen times so far and nothing! guys i'm with have brought in some fish but i just got back from 6 (spotburn? cmonnnn) from 4 hours of bucktails bombers poppers darters pencils and tins. last half hour i tossed clam and sulked. got a skate. tongue.gif

same with me. I went out on Sat, sunday wed, and ill be going out again tonight from around 8-11 and NOTHING. So many places and any lure but nothing. ITs pissing me off.mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

dont worry keep at it the bigger fish will be here soon. there killing the fish in jersy so they should be on there way up soon.i was the same way pissed off till i got my first fish, then all those feeling of dissaponitment went awaycwm27.gif . only prolbem is now my dads pissed now he didn't get a tapptongue.gif

p.s. try a different speed retrive with a plug before you put it away. try fast, slow, medium, extremly slow.....around now i like a slow to extremly slow retrive on any plug i throw. the fish are slow and lethargic b/c the water isnt all that warm yet.

tight ligns keep at itHappyWave.gif

been out a bunch of times with only 2 shorts to show for it....until last night

got my first keeper of the season - 29.5"

felt good to get off the schnide

Me too! My first fish of 2010 was a 6 lb. Blue...

But: my second (yesterday) was a 31 lb. Bass, lip- hooked & released fine on Bunker after a strong fight on my 20 lb. mono./ 7' conventional outfit, in 51 degree water in the W. Sound...

On my 25+ yr. old 16' rickety boat, within easy sight of the TNB...

With my GF there & witnessing it & snapping a pic (to be developed soon/ later...) HappyWave.gif