Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mad Chef

From flats to river

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Started the morning all alone in the bay at 5:30am. The dock at the ramp was on dry ground kinda low tide!

Got windy quick and after trolling a maceral pattern and a squid through a known early mac spot and nothin. Marked bait balls all over but nothing on um. I think they were sand eels as they marked too tight to be macs. Tried for about an hour with nothin. Moved onto the flats and threw top water, ron-z, sluggos, hogies and even a bombmer, nothin. Two and a half hours after I dropped in I was pulling the boat and driving across Cape to a local river and my early Spring hot spot. Crimped the barbs on my Creek Chub and tied it on my little fresh water St. Croix 4-8lb rod on ten pound mono. Two casts two cookie cutter 22' schoolies on top. After that I got several boils but no more fish. I love those first surface attacks of the year and put that little rod to the test. The rod did a lot better than the reel!biggrin.gif

Over all a Very slow day but it sure feels good to be tired and movin with the waves. Sure didnt see any blitzes on the elbow today. And only two other trailers in the lot at Seuit at 8am when I left!

Did anyone do well in the bay today and was I once again in the wrong spot!kooky.gifheadscratch.gificon24.gif

What with the North winds this week??