Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sea Dog

Ugh! New Outdrive

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I don't know, I've never made a claim. What I do know is that insurance covers a whole bunch of stuff. I know a guy who ran two outdrives across rocks and destroyed them both. He told me his insurance covered it. Your mileage may vary!

Did you have someone new winterize it last year? I've heard of shops draining and leaving drives empty to be sure you bring it to them to "unwinterize" it. Its a stupid concept but I've heard of it. Did the shop say you would need to bring it to them in the spring?

View PostWas it a sudden part failure? headscratch.gif Was the unit maintained properly? headscratch.gif Is it JUST WORN OUT? headscratch.gif Does this unit have a bad rep? headscratch.gif What should we look for?headscratch.gif

Maintained regularly. full service last spring. Unit is only 5 years old, 400 hrs

View PostDid you have someone new winterize it last year? I've heard of shops draining and leaving drives empty to be sure you bring it to them to "unwinterize" it. Its a stupid concept but I've heard of it. Did the shop say you would need to bring it to them in the spring?

They did it right, I also checked the fluid levels at startup and at the dock after a 20 minute warmup and again after a 40 min trip to my slip from the launch ramp. They were fine. I try to be a belt and suspenders type.