Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
High Plains Drifter

Video of casting a plug 150 yards

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

I was wondering if a nike would be in a similar category and perhaps come close? I am not knocking your plug but just wondering (I don't have either so I am basing this on what I imagine the nike design will do).

View PostAny rods you know that can do this that isn't $450 like the Baliistic? cause I don't consider that inexpensive. Maybe around $200, can the Omega that you raved about do it?

A rod of at least 12' long will give you your best shot at this. $200? A Breakaway LDX has this capability and I think very soon there will be another excellent 13' plugging rod for less than $200 on the market. - HPD

BTW - The Daiwa Ballistic can be had for $399

That's pretty damn terrific. Is there a close-up of the plug available anywhere?

I'm assuming they don't have an half-scale football fields in the midwest? smile.gif

View PostA Breakaway LDX has this capability and I think very soon there will be another excellent 13' plugging rod for less than $200 on the market.

Care to elaborate on this one, HPD? I'm intrigued.

Now, who won the 20 dollars? Thats 150 yds + 10 ydssmile.gif . I can't wait for the fishing report with that lure slaying moster roosterfish, JC and the yummy pargos.clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Was using an LDX last week at Jones Beach and consistantly hit over 150yds. I know it can be done with that rod. However I was surprised when I used an SS Polaris with brand new 50lb PP (never wet) on a VS 300 and a lami 120L.

Reached the splice on several casts. This was with an original 150yd spool that ain't so easy to find. I'm a casting nut and know that with proper technique that distance can be achieved consistantly. Put a breeze at your back and it's a whole other ballgame.

You have a very brave wife HPD, I would have never convinced mine to film that wink.gif. Nice cast!

Casting 150 yards with a plug is not easy at all. Most casters tend to over estimate their casts. The catenary on the line renders the line out reference useless to estimate distance. Done as you did is the only way to prove that the cast was really over 150 yds.

Take care!

Sergio

Great demonstration HPD i can only imagine how far a aerodynamic tin would go. I also agree a 12 foot rod and excellent form will greatly aid in getting that kind of distance. icon14.gif

Awesome HPD! I was thinking of you a few weeks ago. I was at the Bass Pro Shop in Ft. Lauderdale and they had a couple of J plugs on the shelf. I should've picked them up and sent em' to you.