Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
High Plains Drifter

Video of casting a plug 150 yards

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

I recently posted about a plug that I was casting 150 yards. It seems some people think it's highly unlikely that anyone can cast a surf plug 150 yards. Today, I thought it high time that someone documented a 150 yards cast with a plug.

It's challenging to make a video of this. From the casters perspective, the launch speed is so fast that the plug can't be seen. For a fraction of a second, it decelerates enough for it to become visible just before it gets too far away to see.

The best thing I could do was to position the camera person beyond the splash down point and aim the camera towards me. You will see me as a small figure beyond and to the left of the far goal post. You will see me cast and then it will be a few seconds before my camera person (my wife) spots the plug on the left side of the screen and walks up to it. We keep the camera rolling through the whole thing (no splicing). - HPD

"> _2oonnkWX4s

It was hard for me to believe (because I can't cast for crap), but I'm a believer now.

To really document it, get the camera person (your wife) to star with a zoom in on you when you cast and zoom out while making sure she captures the lure landing.

Ofcourse, if your wife is sick of following you around with a camera, I volunteer for a mere compensation of 2 dirty harry plugs. Thanks.

View Post

To really document it, get the camera person (your wife) to star with a zoom in on you when you cast and zoom out while making sure she captures the lure landing.

Well, it was Mothers Day and I couldn't be too demanding biggrin.gif. She did zoom in on me when I made the cast but it's a long ways away! I think you would have to rent a helicopter to really show it better! icon25.gif

Any rods you know that can do this that isn't $450 like the Baliistic? cause I don't consider that inexpensive. Maybe around $200, can the Omega that you raved about do it?