Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Nasty

What kind of fish is this?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

I was out on one of piers where we usually catch striper, halibut, walleye perch, rubberlip perch, and shinner perch. I have never seen this type of fish caught here. Well at least since i been fishing there. Oh yah and hello to you all. My first post. I been a lurker for a while

Ahhhhh!!!....Why would you kill something, if you don't know what it is?

for one you don't know if there is a size limit or even has a season...kooky.gif

Yea i know its a small fish, but so is a striper when its a baby....i see this all

the time here in Fl...

And it might be a honest mistake...but live and learn from it..."If you don't

know what something is...Please don't kill it...

Sorry guys but it had to be said....he new and i hope he learns this lesson.

shaky.gif

Don't take what i said like a "Put down"....when i make a mistake and somebody point it out...Hey thank you, lesson learned..

Thats the way it works...this is the "Main" area in this forum..not much bickering...that belong in the "Tarvern"biggrin.gif

This area is for sharing and learning....so welcome to the site and take my

advise as a lesson learned for next time you catch something and don't know

what it is...shaky.gif

I was thinking the same thing.

View PostAhhhhh!!!....Why would you kill something, if you don't know what it is?

for one you don't know if there is a size limit or even has a season...kooky.gif

Yea i know its a small fish, but so is a striper when its a baby....i see this all

the time here in Fl...

shaky.gif

From your location can I assume you caught it in California ?

If so we need to hear from other sol members in your area for myself I don't have a clue, some sort of sand bass or surf perch I imagine ?

Welcome to the site; and, welcome to the site. Alright then--it is a rainbow seaperch (sometimes called surfperch). I just joined this site in this April myself. Plenty of comments and bickering and "wit" and experience and more knowledge than we "know." Accept nothing as it-must-be-so. Rainbow seaperch--Google it. Lessons and opinions: stay tuned to this tread and watch what happens to me.

View PostAhhhhh!!!....Why would you kill something, if you don't know what it is?

the time here in Fl...

shaky.gif

Don't take what i said like a "Put down"....when i make a mistake and somebody point it out...Hey thank you, lesson learned..

Thats the way it works...this is the "Main" area in this forum..not much bickering...that belong in the "Tarvern"biggrin.gif

This area is for sharing and learning....so welcome to the site and take my

advise as a lesson learned for next time you catch something and don't know

what it is...shaky.gif

exactly

View PostI was out on one of piers where we usually catch striper, halibut, walleye perch, rubberlip perch, and shinner perch. I have never seen this type of fish caught here. Well at least since i been fishing there. Oh yah and hello to you all. My first post. I been a lurker for a while

It's a rainbow surf perch. Awesome colors eh?

BTW, hope you didn't catch those inside San Francisco or San Pablo Bay as the perch season is closed inside the bay right now.