Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valentine

Anyone Here Try One of Those T-Top Kits in a Box?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

You know, like Fishmaster sells? Atlantic makes one but it's a bit pricier than Fishmaster and Stryker. I the Stryker offerings, and the price is good, but Atlantic has a video where a couple of fat guys hang on one of their tops and it holds them. A couple of competing brands bend under the same weight> Any experiences with these one size fits all T Tops? Thanks!

Valentine

I had a T-Top from Atlantic Towers installed on my 17cc and absolutely loved it. They have a guy who does install's for them at a reasonable price.Very nice people to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Mikey, was that a custom job, or one of their pre-fab kits? I'm looking to save $$$ by doing it myself. Boat and fishing gear budget has been drastically cut now that I have a 2nd in college.

Valentine

Atlantic's kit top set is great! I got to look one over real good at diamond marine in east haven, and was very impressed . It will look like a custom made top when installed. and, it's made of tubes that I think were 2" not 1". Huge difference. Check one out before spending any money. They have dealers all over for that product.

Atlantic Towers has a sister company called budget boat towers. I bought a budget boat towers and p/u at atlantic towers. I think it ran me under 1K out the door. Very well built and sold t-top. Tubes all around were 2" in dia. You can pick the color of the cloth top as well. They also sell a bunch of add-ons for the top. I installed it in a day. Spent most of the time measuring and making sure it was centered.

i searched for the website you guys are referring to and cannot come up with anything...

Can you guys put me on this atlantic site by any chance.

thanks

I installed one of the atlantic towers T Tops myself a few years ago on a 20' center console. They shipped it right to my house and i installed it that weekend. Did it by myself but it would have been easier with another person.

I bought the hard top model and have had it on the boat for over 5 years and am very happy with it. Very good product and their price is excellent compared to others i looked at back then.

good luck

Taco makes a good one. Also CE Smith. I would get the CE Smith one and a 12 pack of your best friends favorite beer and invite him over. You both could install it in an afternoon. Here is one I put on my boss mans boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Its a problem retrofitting...

Mounting the upright footers to the deck with screws is a no go, they will work loose and allow water in over time. They have to be bolted, if theres no access I'd make access by cutting the floor open under the console and doing the surgery to get under the mounting points.

Alternatively, if theres a molded deck liner and it sits on a ply sub-deck then stainless anchor bolts can be used, they open up like a flower when tightened, that beats screws hands down. Bed with sealant as usual.

Then theres the strain on the console mounting, if its screwed to the deck its got its own problem which will be compounded by the added stress.

When I mounted mine I removed all the screws around the outter lip which hold the console to the deck, I cut the external lip off and sealed all the holes in the deck, the console is glassed to the deck from inside the console. All the screws had worked loose , I was replacing the stringers because of this in the first place and it didn't even have the added stress of a T-Top until I decided to build one.

View PostValentine

It wasn't custom. It was a boxed kit they sell. Could easily have been installed myself but I hate drilling holes in boats...

RNR-Marine makes 2 folding, stainless steel t-tops, the T-Topless and the Shadow that install on the windshield gab rails - drill NO holes! Great shade - and the Shadow is in the Bimini top price range.