Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drumfish213

horror story

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

over the weekend my friend had her hardwood floors sanded and stained. her family is all flying in this week for her engagement party. in order to help the drying process she had the ceiling fan on full. while checking out the floors the fan came out of the ceiling and then spun around on the freshly finished floor, scratching them up quite nicely. worst part of the story is that her fiance installed the fan 4 years ago beers.gif

View Postover the weekend my friend had her hardwood floors sanded and stained. her family is all flying in this week for her engagement party. in order to help the drying process she had the ceiling fan on full. while checking out the floors the fan came out of the ceiling and then spun around on the freshly finished floor, scratching them up quite nicely. worst part of the story is that her fiance installed the fan 4 years ago beers.gif

No worries, still time to fix it. the poly dries fast, i'm pretty sure the stain should fine, just re-level the poly, it's really not THAT bad! besides, these are the things that make these occasions memorable. beers.gif

Oh, wat, I just re-read it. OH WELL!

View Postcwm27.gifhighfive.gif

I'd draw a big red circle around it.

I agree. I hope you plan on busting his balls.

Like after he puts the fan back up, or should I say has someone else put the fan back up, refuse to stand or sit underneath it and don't walk directly under it.

Why would you blow all the dust in the house around while poly is drying on the floors?

Sorry to hear though, man that stinks frown.gif .

Alan

you are a lucky girl to have such a handyman in your life big deal it feel after 4 yrs maybe you should learn to notice a fan wabble and thin hey it needs repair the man tried for free you could have paid big bucks to a pro had it fall 4yrs later an been told a big sorry it s not my faut dont blame the goof and next time have a pro do it for big bucks seems like you got what you paid for as for your floor you cant rush stain and varnish its lie that man of yours it took him 4yrs to say i do all good things take time so dont wine

View PostLeave it as is. Let the family see the putz that he is.

I agree, This marriage HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!!! What idiot cant install a celing fan! The wife could have been killed! Hey wait a minute...that's not a bad idea?

View PostI agree, This marriage HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!!! What idiot cant install a celing fan! The wife could have been killed! Hey wait a minute...that's not a bad idea?

cwm40.gif time to change all my ceiling fans....