Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

Obama Gripes

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Governmental take over of the means of production in the auto industry.

Governmental takeover of some of the banking system.

Governmental takeover of the student loan industry.

View Post

Governmental takeover of the student loan industry.

Aren't student loans and grant already a government program? I thought they just took out the middle man (banks) so there is less interest. headscratch.gif

View Post^^ yeah, not a whole lot has changed except the govt cut out the middleman.

yes and an estimated 50,000 people will now lose their jobs.

not sure if that is good or bad?

think bad; govt never is as efficient as the "middleman," in the long run it will cost more

View PostForno's

Forno's

Forno's

Seabra's

Iberia and Don Pepe's are like the McDonalds and Burger King of Portuguese food in Newark. biggrin.gif

Have you ever been inside Don Pepe in Newark or are you judging this establishment by the name and the sign outside?

View Postyes and an estimated 50,000 people will now lose their jobs.

not sure if that is good or bad?

think bad; govt never is as efficient as the "middleman," in the long run it will cost more

so in essence you support government subsidized jobs?

View PostAren't student loans and grant already a government program? I thought they just took out the middle man (banks) so there is less interest. headscratch.gif

There's apparently a backend in the works.

Heard that one plan, for medical students that take out the government loan, will have to work for a year or 2 in a government assigned field for credit towards paying off their student loan.

Sounds OK at first, but as politics and control go, you can see now where the middle man came in handy .... a buffer.

View PostThere's apparently a backend in the works.

Heard that one plan, for medical students that take out the government loan, will have to work for a year or 2 in a government assigned field for credit towards paying off their student loan.

Sounds OK at first, but as politics and control go, you can see now where the middle man came in handy .... a buffer.

a buffer to what?

we are talking about taxpayer funded loans

any bank is free to make a student loan based on market econimics.

these are for people who cannot afford college education

The middlemen, who had no economic risks thought nothing of lending more to these students than they could reasonably pay back after graduation. They had no skin in that game - the were lending taxpayer moeny and the governement back these loans.

the whole program has led to out of control tuition hikes and leaving a mass of young americans strapped in debt.

View Postso in essence you support government subsidized jobs?

in essence no not at all, where to you get off infering such a broad statement?

not really, but when these people are laid off, what will they do? collect unlimited (it seems) Unemeployment Insurance, as their sector has been laying people offf for years

.....my point was one way or anoither the govt supports them, and at least if they are in a bank (private sector) they have to perform to a certain standard -- not so with the gov, when a worker slips behind or becomes useless the fed gov goes out and highers another to do his/her job as it is almost impossible to fire a gov workere

what is it with you and certain other members that like to take a statement and twist it to make an inference that was never made?

I dont get it, its like you think you are columbo or something , saying "AH HA got you...see you are really a hippie lib like me!!"

View Postin essence no not at all, where to you get off infering such a broad statement?

not really, but when these people are laid off, what will they do? collect unlimited (it seems) Unemeployment Insurance, as their sector has been laying people offf for years

.....my point was one way or anoither the govt supports them, and at least if they are in a bank (private sector) they have to perform to a certain standard -- not so with the gov, when a worker slips behind or becomes useless the fed gov goes out and highers another to do his/her job as it is almost impossible to fire a gov workere

what is it with you and certain other members that like to take a statement and twist it to make an inference that was never made?

I dont get it, its like you think you are columbo or something , saying "AH HA got you...see you are really a hippie lib like me!!"

he said governement subsidized jobs, not government jobs

which is spot on - jobs created in the private sector using taxpayer money.

based on your two posts, I have to believe you are in favor of government subsidized jobs.

.... have lead to extreme measures to try to correct situations... a global wide depression brought forth many theories and experimental fixes.

It does seem that many here would not be happy with anything even attempted by the Obama Administration.

View Posthe said governement subsidized jobs, not government jobs

which is spot on - jobs created in the private sector using taxpayer money.

based on your two posts, I have to believe you are in favor of government subsidized jobs.

headscratch.gif

cwm27.gif bama