Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigmak561

why do some people with high end rods and reels act so snobby?

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

View PostI don't think I'm rude to people !

Well maybe you are not in the "some" category I was speaking about. I dont own any high end spinning gear but I'm still an a$$. . . .not really. lol

View PostSame reason some people with BMW's and Mercedes etc act so snobby. They think they are better because they own better stuff. I dont pay people like that any mind, let them be rude and ignorant.

This is an unfair comparison. I know plenty of bimmer owners who are down to earth and love talking to people about their cars, pros & cons, etc. Don't know many merc owners.

View PostThis is an unfair comparison. I know plenty of bimmer owners who are down to earth and love talking to people about their cars, pros & cons, etc. Don't know many merc owners.

Thats why I said some and not all. I have met those on both ends of the spectrum although most have been snobby. I'm sure the op wasn't implying that all owners of high end fishing gear are snobs, he just said some

ego all abought me see what i have just guys being jerks some are like that and some are not just how it is thats not cool in this day and age we need each other we dont want to turn people off with the tude again not coolcwm13.gif

I have noticed this same treatment myself and it's a pain. The rich guys with their rich toys can behave as if they have a board six miles up their backside while a guy with real crappy equipment can be so thoughtful. But I have also noticed the opposite too. I met a guy surfcasting years ago who was about the nicest guy you would ever want to meet. He noticed me drooling over his custom 20' surf rod and, without saying a word, he just unhooked it from his harness and handed it to me. It must have cost a bloody fortune but he just hands it to me. He let me check it out, cast with it and showed me the fish he had landed with it. We had a wonderful morning fishing side by side and sharing experiences. I'll never forget that guy. One day I met a guy at a pier who acted as if I was going to steal his $9.99 K-mart junk when I glanced over at it! I'll never forget him either. What a puck!

You don't know about people or what makes them tick. It's up to us SOL'rs to set a good example for others.

-2bigsteve

View PostRan into a guy like that Saturday. I approached him to ask some questions about his setup and he wasn't really a dick but just very dismissive. He had some custom 12' rods and higher end Daiwa reels.

Of course, in the next hour he didn't catch anything and I got a pompano, blue, and big whiting on my friends 40 dollar walmart combo wink.gif

cwm27.gif

I have a VSB 250 and a nice Rainshadow. Anyone who doesn't look like they are gonna beat feet the minute they get their hands on can check it out anytime they see me down at the Canal.

I am poor btw. VSB was a gift. Rod I bought. I also suck at the Canal. Seriously. I failed Canal 101.

Some people are just born d-bags though. Way of the world.

I get a kick out of threads and conversations like this. If you do talk about your gear or fishing, your a know it all, if you don't, your an *******. If you do talk and they grow their own legs, they will soak your information and throw you under the bus later because they can do it better then you!

It's better being an *******. Saves you a ton of aggravation. smile.gif

View PostI just hate most people, no matter what my set up is, if they hound me with questions , all the more reason to hate.smile.gif

This is true. Ratty is a huge *******. I can tell these things. He said my plugs belong in the *******. Well...he thought it I bet. mad.gif

Or how about the guy fishing with high end stuff who just has to tell you how good his "stuff" is, and how much it cost, even to the point of showing reciepts for VS's and st croix's. funny but sad.

View PostWhy because they are the Pros.. You didn't know that??cwm27.gif I don't own any high end stuff other then the rods That I built and many people who do own this stuff don't act that way!

Hi surf I wasn't saying all people just this one guy. Most people I know also don't either. I was just wondering on others thought. By the way u make nice rods from some of your posts