Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Is the Democrat party anti-Christian

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

View Postif you have such an issue about churches freely electing non-profit status, I'd suggest you go to your church elders and recommend that they look to revoke their non-profit status.

Why not "go to the government" instead, and see these ills rectified, with the ballot in November? The power of the government is much greater than the churches, but the power of the governed is much greater than the government...

View PostWhy not "go to the government" instead, and see these ills rectified, with the ballot in November? The power of the government is much greater than the churches, but the power of the governed is much greater than the government...

the "ill" of being tax exempt? what are you talking about?

View PostHR 1592 did not become law. Nor was it ever applied to silence a Christian. Doing so would be unconstitutional as it would prohibit the free excercise of religion anyway.

So...we have a bill that did not become law being applied in a hypothetical manner as your only evidence.

You certainly are no Democrat!

"We will pass the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act"

Apparently you fail to appreciate the significance of the intended legislation. This is DNC focus and platform issue.

Lot's of examples but the thread was on anti-christian politics. No greater threat to religious liberties and in particular Christian liberties than this proposed body of law.

View PostYou certainly are no Democrat!

Apparently you fail to appreciate the significance of the intended legislation. This is DNC focus and platform issue.

Lot's of examples but the thread was on anti-christian politics. No greater threat to religious liberties and in particular Christian liberties than this proposed body of law.

Understood. Still doesn't make it anti-Christian. In fact, to say that there is no greater threat to religious/Christian liberties than that bill requires one to break out their Jump to Conclusions mat. I think you're seriously reaching.

View PostEasy Question, 100% yes , Could a Christian even win an election running as a democrat ? Has it happened in the last 20 years?

Ummm...didn't it just happen in 2008 with Obama? Is he not Christian?

View PostUmmm...didn't it just happen in 2008 with Obama? Is he not Christian?

For what reason would one think that Obama is a Christian?headscratch.gif

View PostFor what reason would one think that Obama is a Christian?headscratch.gif

The fact that he attended a Christian church for like 20+ years. Remember the whole Reverend Wright thing from the campaign season?

View PostWhat's the big deal? Being Christian does not give you immunity from being evil.

Depends on what your way of defining a Christian is...Do you mean being evil or doing evil? If being reborn in Christ doesn't give somebody a handle on doing evil or even "being" evil, then he/she might as well crawl back to where they got born from.....

View PostYou certainly are no Democrat!

Sure is the first I've heard about it...I will write senator and congressmen. Now.

View PostUnderstood. Still doesn't make it anti-Christian. In fact, to say that there is no greater threat to religious/Christian liberties than that bill requires one to break out their Jump to Conclusions mat. I think you're seriously reaching.

Since the measure is crafted to prohibit "incitement to violence" - a Christian who promotes Biblical principles of sexuality could be prosecuted for a hate crime if someone in his "sphere of influence" commits a violent crime.

If I state that the bible condemns homosexual behavoir, and you listen to me then beat someone senseless with a pipe claiming I said the bible condemns homosexuals, I might be subject to prosecution under the proposed legislation. The scriptures do not promote violence against sinners at the hands of the faithful, yet the wicked will hear and do what they choose.

View PostSince the measure is crafted to prohibit "incitement to violence" - a Christian who promotes Biblical principles of sexuality could be prosecuted for a hate crime if someone in his "sphere of influence" commits a violent crime.

If I state that the bible condemns homosexual behavoir, and you listen to me then beat someone senseless with a pipe claiming I said the bible condemns homosexuals, I might be subject to prosecution under the proposed legislation. The scriptures do not promote violence against sinners at the hands of the faithful, yet the wicked will hear and do what they choose.

Pure conjecture about a piece of dead legislation.