Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Is the Democrat party anti-Christian

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

View PostI don't see how these issues are anti-Christian.

Take a look at the Federal code this bill was intended to ammend. Free speech and religious freedoms are clearly under attack. US laws are on the verge of condemning orthodox Christian doctrine. On the international front, there is momentum to adopt the UN Convention on Rights of the Child. Sounds benign enough yet the move to ratify this convention by the USA is downright chilling.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

View PostTake a look at the Federal code this bill was intended to ammend. Free speech and religious freedoms are clearly under attack. US laws are on the verge of condemning orthodox Christian doctrine. On the international front, there is momentum to adopt the UN Convention on Rights of the Child. Sounds benign enough yet the move to ratify this convention by the USA is downright chilling.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Do you have anything other than a few pie in the sky unpassed bills that could potentially be used to be anti-Christian if applied in a specific hypothetical manner? If this is the best you've got, you don't have much of a case if you have any case at all.

View Postbeing raised Christian means nothing? I would argue the church would disagree with that along with every parent that has raised their children to learn the teachings of Christianity-secondly I put that so people know I was born and raised Catholic and still am one and a practicing one at that so you are clueless there.

Christ taught that people aka society should help take care of those that cant take care of themselves which is exactly what the goal of many social programs are. If you disagree with that we can agree to disagree but I am comfortable in my thinking that the church thinks social programs are a good thing as well as helping those that cant help themselves. The church itself or many of them do ask for a 10% thithing. I served in the peace corp and went on missions as well to third wold countries with the church and volunteered at ST Judes so don't you dare question my belief system or actions.

This article is an articulate explanation.

Christian Charity versus Government Welfare

View PostI don't see how these issues are anti-Christian.

By your own admission, you do not admit to being a Christian. If this is true, then by definition, you do not understand what it means to be a Christian, because you are not one. You can only understand what it means on a rational and empirical basis. This is not the understanding of what Christ gives, which is on a spiritual level you are not aware of, because you cannot see. As the song goes, "I once was blind, but now I see"....I think that this is the same factor that goes into the lack of understanding of what is "Christian" and what is not.....

View PostBy your own admission, you do not admit to being a Christian. If this is true, then by definition, you do not understand what it means to be a Christian, because you are not one. You can only understand what it means on a rational and empirical basis. This is not the understanding of what Christ gives, which is on a spiritual level you are not aware of, because you cannot see. As the song goes, "I once was blind, but now I see"....I think that this is the same factor that goes into the lack of understanding of what is "Christian" and what is not.....

You're not helping the case. The "you don't understand" angle does nothing to sway the argument. I've read the Bible, I've been well exposed to Christianity, and I don't feel that faith is a prerequisite to understanding. While I am not a believer. I am an understander.wink.gif

View Postbeing raised Christian means nothing? I would argue the church would disagree with that along with every parent that has raised their children to learn the teachings of Christianity-secondly I put that so people know I was born and raised Catholic and still am one and a practicing one at that so you are clueless there.

Christ taught that people aka society should help take care of those that cant take care of themselves which is exactly what the goal of many social programs are. If you disagree with that we can agree to disagree but I am comfortable in my thinking that the church thinks social programs are a good thing as well as helping those that cant help themselves. The church itself or many of them do ask for a 10% thithing. I served in the peace corp and went on missions as well to third wold countries with the church and volunteered at ST Judes so don't you dare question my belief system or actions.

I'm pretty sure that Knight meant that being raised a Christian does not make you a Christian...(there is a large gap in understanding and accepting fellowship with God's only begotten Son, and in seeing how people go about their worship, and carry on their lives as "Christian"...) I am glad that you have expressed your commitment to others as that is the second commandment....but of course, there is a "first" commandment that takes presidence....and personal fellowship with Christ is the true meaning of a "Christian", not just showing and proving that to others....

View PostYou're not helping the case. The "you don't understand" angle does nothing to sway the argument. I've read the Bible, I've been well exposed to Christianity, and I don't feel that faith is a prerequisite to understanding. While I am not a believer. I am an understander.wink.gif

It's like any other way of understanding, if you don't want to believe the truth, you will find many other ways of "interpreting" it! Reading the Bible without having the "Spirit of Truth" to explain it to you, will never make it understandable....Don't you think the Devil has his way of making truth an illusion? Oh, that's right, you don't believe in the "Devil".....

View PostDo you have anything other than a few pie in the sky unpassed bills that could potentially be used to be anti-Christian if applied in a specific hypothetical manner? If this is the best you've got, you don't have much of a case if you have any case at all.

The reason these Orwellian measures are not Federal laws is largely due to Republican resistance. The "pie in the sky" bill you refer to was passed by our Congress. Applied in a "hypothetical manner" -what does that mean? It's called law and laws are intended to have impact. Wake-up! This country is slipping away from us, becoming something strange and altogether disturbing.

View Postto be fair,

people who are not Black know that the tea party is not racist.

I don't think you need to belong to a group to know if a group is being affected.

True, to some extent...It just makes a difference what you mean by saying "affected"...

View Postto be fair,

people who are not Black know that the tea party is not racist.

I don't think you need to belong to a group to know if a group is being affected.

Are you saying that the tea party is racist? Or are you saying you are not Black?

View PostIt's like any other way of understanding, if you don't want to believe the truth, you will find many other ways of "interpreting" it! Reading the Bible without having the "Spirit of Truth" to explain it to you, will never make it understandable....Don't you think the Devil has his way of making truth an illusion? Oh, that's right, you don't believe in the "Devil".....

To be fair, if I wanted to suspend logic and embrace faith, I'd choose a cooler story. Like Scientology. They went for broke with their historical and creation background.

Nevertheless, I fully understand the faith angle, and, even still, faith does not illustrate anti-Christian policy.

View PostThe reason these Orwellian measures are not Federal laws is largely due to Republican resistance. The "pie in the sky" bill you refer to was passed by our Congress. Applied in a "hypothetical manner" -what does that mean? It's called law and laws are intended to have impact. Wake-up! This country is slipping away from us, becoming something strange and altogether disturbing.

HR 1592 did not become law. Nor was it ever applied to silence a Christian. Doing so would be unconstitutional as it would prohibit the free excercise of religion anyway.

So...we have a bill that did not become law being applied in a hypothetical manner as your only evidence.

View PostTo be fair, if I wanted to suspend logic and embrace faith, I'd choose a cooler story. Like Scientology. They went for broke with their historical and creation background.

Nevertheless, I fully understand the faith angle, and, even still, faith does not illustrate anti-Christian policy.

You're probably a pretty good example of what it is in the Democratic party that does not understand what it means when they enact legislation that conflicts with Christian principles....nothing they would claim that is really anti-Christian, because they wouldn't want to offend their constituents, but by the same token, they really don't know Christ enough to determine that in the first place....After all, they claim, quite correctly, there is enough controversy and difference in "Christian" faiths, and churches, to merit some discussion..