Followers 0
Robert Williams

Is the Democrat party anti-Christian

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

View PostThis is an anonymous poll.

which sort of invalidates it.

If I had a poll, "Is the Republican Party filled with dumb asses"

I'd wager the results would be skewed with dems voting in FAVOR of the dumbass status.

similarly, it shouldn't be shoking when the Republicans vote that Dems ARE anti Christian.

It would be more signficant to know how the Dems see themselves.

however, since we know SOL has a large ratio of conservatives to liberals,

this poll should give you a very Fox News result.

View PostAnd what do you think the "Fox News Result" would be?

One highly skewed with the Conservatives viewpoint.

seriously what do you think this poll will prove?

Will it prove what the Dems REALLY think?

or will it show what Conservatives want to believe about their political rivals?

I think that's a benefit of making it anonymous.

if you get 20 votes that the Dems ARE in fact Anti Christian,

it would be somewhat invalidated to have the votes be made public,

if they happen to be 20 members who will reliably bash Dems.

View PostOne highly skewed with the Conservatives viewpoint.

Now the million dollar question - why do so many conservatives feel that democrats are anti-Christian if there's no basis for that belief? Or should I be asking that of republicans only since democrat views on that would be misleading according to your line of reasoning?

View PostNow the million dollar question - why do so many conservatives feel that democrats are anti-Christian if there's no basis for that belief?

Paranoia of anything to the left of Pat Buchannan.

Delusions of grandeur

View PostNow the million dollar question - why do so many conservatives feel that democrats are anti-Christian if there's no basis for that belief?

Easy - Partisanship.

Religious concern is one of the faux wedge issues the parties use to separate themselves from one another.

I find it ironic that many of the republicans that see themselves as "Christian" but much of what they are preaching is anti-Christian when it comes to actual policy-example is being against most social programs-love thy neighbor as long as it doesn't cost me a penny

fyi-should be noted that I was raised Christian and am independent as far as my voting goes

Taking from your neighbor and giving the fruits of his labors to someone who doesn't work for a living isn't a "Christian" ideal. Food Stamps, Section-8 Housing and Welfare weren't part of Christ's teachings.

View PostI find it ironic that many of the republicans that see themselves as "Christian" but much of what they are preaching is anti-Christian when it comes to actual policy-example is being against most social programs-love thy neighbor as long as it doesn't cost me a penny

fyi-should be noted that I was raised Christian and am independent as far as my voting goes

clapping.gifclapping.gif

Yeah I was reading in the bible where Jesus said everybody in Jerusalem had to buy health insurance or he would smite them down, and he hired 16000 disciples to do the smiting. Then he did a speech to the pharisees and told them "those blind people I healed should be thanking ME! A real swell guy that Jesus.