Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Tim converts Main forum to BFF

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Tim, good job converting the BFF to the Main. Operation "Convert Tim to a Yam" is now complete.

Please explain to me your idea of "30 minute" - lol, just bustin, I know how it is don't forget I'm a programmer too - yeah, i'll have that done in 20 minutes. You fix it, all of a sudden, now nothing works. SOB. )

Actually Billy, it's much worse than thaticon15.gif I decided to run an index/repair utility on the main forum (over 2 gigs of data in that forum alone) - instead, I started it running on all the forums - 25 of them or so. So instead of taking 30 minutes it should have taken, it took much longer...much, much longer. But not this longicon25.gif Cause while I was waiting for it to complete, I was getting ready to leave here, fully intending to wait till it was done, restart the board and then leave.

Well instead, it took so long I actually forgot about it cwm24.gif I left. I returned....then I had dinner...then I watched a movie. Only then did I return. That's when that chill of "I forgot to do something important before, didn't I?" came over me. That's when I remembered the board was turned officon15.gif

It shoulda been about an hour instead of 1/2 hour...but instead was more like 6 hours.

If this is the beginning of Alzheimers, in a few years I'll be able to hide my own Easter eggsicon25.gif

TimS

Try explaining that to the Boss - lol.

We had a woman run a mainframe file copy before leaving on a Friday. Something was wrong, it ran until Monday morning, doing 2 1/2 days of I/O (which is what we are billed for) The job cost something like $7,000! Yes, she was fired.