Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feltman

Habs lure Needle 'lil information.

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

OK. I was lucky enough to order a Hab's Needlefish lure from SOL. How are you guys using it. IE retrieve speed, type of conditions, w/or w/o leader, etc.

How do you fish it?

reel slow, then reel a little slower. after that slow down a little and reel slower. then... give it a twitch. BTW, I'm no needlefish expert. this is just what I have heard. wink.gif

luke

like it has been said so it is written slow down then slow down more right up to the point it gets painfull to go that slow . then twitch ( make sure no one is looking ) and stop .

Felt,

where are you fishing? in the flatlands of NJ you may have to go a tad faster with teh needles to keep em off the bottom of our shallow sanded in beaches. teh 2ozers+ aer alot more boyant than the little 1.5 ozers.

I got some recently from here also. Been using them in the SFZ fished real slow and at times it seems its right on the bottom but still catches. Been using a teaser but most of the fish have been on the plug. Haven't seen any real difference in catch between them and bomber type plugs recently though.

Gooch,

you may not notice the difference in catching rite now but they cast a whole lot better than any bomber i ever used!!! and some day it may make all the difference in world smile.gif the 1.5oz habs needle is a plug that NEVER leaves my surf bag (except when on the snapwink.gif ) it is a versatile lure that has worked for me in 4 different states and that is enough for me to keep in the rotation for the next decade or so. .02 smile.gif