Jeep Wrangler Kayak Rack Questions Please

zero limit

Thank you for the help in advance. Unfortunately my baby, nissan pathfinder, is done at 197k and I'm looking now seriously into getting a 4dr jeep wrangler. My predicament though is kayak racks. I want to have a soft top and it seems the newer jeeps don't really work well with a rack system. The racks are hinged because you have to un-pin the front portion of the rack, push the rack back, and then take down the soft top. My biggest question is, is this a pain in the A$$? I don't want taking the top down which is probably the best part of owning the jeep to be annoying. Do you think I can do it by myself as far as the rack and then the top? Would my wife be able to do it by herself? How long does it take to lower the soft top on the 4dr wrangler without the rack? Thanks for any help you can offer me. It's either a newer pathfinder or the jeep which I've always wanted. Eric

I have a rack on my 2002 wrangler, it has a removable u shaped bar that goes by the windshield, and a t bar that attaches to the spare tire. It does not interfere with the roof at all. Quadratec carries it. I'm not sure if they have one for a new wrangler but you vvcould try.