Kokatat Tempest Dry Pants?

Anyone have a pair of these? I want to pull the trigger but wondering about sizing. I wear a 36-38 in pants, do these run small or what? Maybe someone has experience with their other products.

Thanks fellas!

-Matty

Quote:Originally Posted by Jibbelsharting is just the worse.

OK I have the pants. Question- what type of footwear? I tried the pants which have built in "socks", with my pair of NRS Muklucks. you gusses it, the boots are now too small!. I read Jon S thread- he wears a bootie, but do they keep your feet warm in cold water?

Anyone have a suggestion.

I just got them myself. The large should be fine for you. Use a top with a "double tunnel". It gives a good seal.

I've only used them once. I wore neoprene dive boots over them.

My feet were cool, but dry. Sunday i'll put some wool socks on first.

That should do it. I'll let you know.

Just make sure you put something on over the socks. Even if it's just sandals.

They're only purpose is to keep you dry. Not warmth or traction. If you walk in just the socks, they'll wear right out and you'll probably spring a leak.

They also sell neoprene socks that you slop over stocking foot waders. They're designed to "save" your stocking foots.

I think Sierra sells them.

Probably going for a quick spin tomorrow on SI in the AM if you or anyone else is interested. If so, PM me for where we're putting in.

Got to the Kokatat booth at paddlesport at 11:00 this morning..... They sold the last XL ten minutes earlierfrown.gif and were completely sold out by 1:00. The rep was kicking himself for not bringing more. By the time I get them I'll be fishing in a bathing suit and T-shirt.

Pants and dry top came in. I am very happy with both of these products (so far). I went with the pants in Large, and I am glad I did. Even these are kinda big for a fatty such as myself. The top (Immersion Research) I got is nice too, I didn't get a gasket on the waist of the jacket so we'll see how it goes on the water. Right now I am parading around my house in my full getup with a beer in my hand, waiting for my wife to come home from her first day at the new job. I should get a good laugh out of her.

I ordered mine from Campmor, they came to CT in 2 days.

Quote:Originally Posted by Jibbelsharting is just the worse.

View PostAnyone ever "try" these pants out? I mean, get in the water with a dry top and a PFD and see if you get wet.

This weekend, I'll wade in deep in mine when I get back and let you know.

I use an Immersion research sea change top with the tunnel system on the bottom. I think not having this type of seal would defeat the idea of being water tight.

Mbrowne, I would consder getting a top with a seal. I got my set up at Campmor also. I believe they have the seachange top for around 100.00.

You may want to consider exchanging it.

Like I said, I'll let you know how I make out this weekend.