Nebe

rhode island random pics thread.....

Rate this topic

8,807 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

VS isn't what it used to be.. I had a well known reel repairmen and rod builder rebuild my 2 year old never abused VSX150 not once this 2020 season but 3x!!! All due to incorrect manufacturing of the reel from the factory. You would think with the amount of money being spent on a spinning reel the quality and customer service behind this legendary brand would amount to the hastle....NOPE.  Took my service guy 6-8 weeks to get parts, each time the reel was serviced and VS wanted nothing to do with the issue whatsoever...The initial purchase of the reel was from Saltwater's Edge and it seemed like they could've cared less. So VS lost what I would've been a lifelonger,  and I'm going to jump on the ZB bandwagon and give that a go come 2021 spring run. 

Did you talk to one of the high school kids at the saltwater edge or one of the guys who knows what's going on or the owner?  Ive always had good luck there.

Edited by ne_dan

7 hours ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

VS isn't what it used to be.. I had a well known reel repairmen and rod builder rebuild my 2 year old never abused VSX150 not once this 2020 season but 3x!!! All due to incorrect manufacturing of the reel from the factory. You would think with the amount of money being spent on a spinning reel the quality and customer service behind this legendary brand would amount to the hastle....NOPE.  Took my service guy 6-8 weeks to get parts, each time the reel was serviced and VS wanted nothing to do with the issue whatsoever...The initial purchase of the reel was from Saltwater's Edge and it seemed like they could've cared less. So VS lost what I would've been a lifelonger,  and I'm going to jump on the ZB bandwagon and give that a go come 2021 spring run. 

Maybe it's you. I've had nothing but amazing customer service at SWE, I'd go far as to say they are the best tackle shop in New England.  And I abuse the hell out of my VS and the thing just doesn't quit.

8 hours ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

if you had a satisfactory level of reading comprehension you would have seen that I wasn't bashing SWE.  

:point::laugh::banghd:

Anyways,  let's bring this thread back to RI pictures. Heard of some bald eagles being active in the area, would love to see some pictures. I have some blurry pictures of one from the spring. Found it fighting with an osprey, with bunker and blue's thrashing on the surface, was pretty wild!

20200527_183518.jpg

Edited by Gecko_13

1 hour ago, Gecko_13 said:

:point::laugh::banghd:

Anyways,  let's bring this thread back to RI pictures. Heard of some bald eagles being active in the area, would love to see some pictures. I have some blurry pictures of one from the spring. Found it fighting with an osprey, with bunker and blue's thrashing on the surface, was pretty wild!

20200527_183518.jpg

You know, now that you mentioned it, it occurs to me that I rarely see eagles in RI.

Where I live in Ma, near the Merrimack and Nashua rivers, they're like deer. Nobody even notices them anymore. We have 3 active nests in the area and they're here year round.

Over in Ct, along the Ct river, they're just as common.

as far as Balk eagles . they have cruises  going up the Mystic . for watchers & photographers ?>?

I couple of  years ago I was towing a digger  into Appanaug  Cove   & one kept flying between two schools of Pogies  & never got one .it as a beginner but still pretty awesome  & there is a woman that every once in a while puts some nice shots in the local paper ..

I was excited  the year we had the snowy owl  around Conimicut Pt all winter &

the next year all around Charlestown breachway

1 hour ago, clammer said:

I was excited  the year we had the snowy owl  around Conimicut Pt all winter &

the next year all around Charlestown breachway

I still haven't seen a snowy owl yet!