Nebe

rhode island random pics thread.....

Rate this topic

7,860 posts in this topic

On my way fishing one day and came across this street sign and thought I lost my mind. As I stopped to take the pic, I couldn't help seeing the humor in these signs. Was I experiencing early stages of Alzheimer's?

Went fishing a few days later and the signs were gone, just the post was standing. 4-5 weeks later they were back. Had to laugh again; is someone losing their memory?

ML.jpg

ML1.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, Quonnie said:

The first picture is from a place that gets real snow, Cazenovia NY and the next is what you guys call a snowstorm. 

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

Originally from CNY, had to redefine what a “bad storm” was when I moved to RI half a decade ago. They call those “Tuesday” back home :)

Edited by Marone Pursuit

3 mins ago, fishfinder401 said:

what im excited to try are the 3 circle hook jigs i poured

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect that the circles will be less effective in that application. But be sure to let us all know how it works out.

1 min ago, MakoMike said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect that the circles will be less effective in that application. But be sure to let us all know how it works out.

I have heard mixed reports on them too, I plan to try them out on scup and seabass when they are in thick

50 mins ago, fishfinder401 said:

I have heard mixed reports on them too, I plan to try them out on scup and seabass when they are in thick

How big a hook did you use? I use 4/0 or 5/0 on my sea bass rigs, but drop down to 1/0 or 2/0 on scup rigs.

3 mins ago, MakoMike said:

How big a hook did you use? I use 4/0 or 5/0 on my sea bass rigs, but drop down to 1/0 or 2/0 on scup rigs.

I think it was a 4/0, I saw a few laying around when I was getting stuff ready so figured I would give it a shot

13 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

the hookset is pretty quick on a bucktail, doubt a circle hook matters. 

that was my thought