Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carp13

Off-Season Pics Anyone?

28 posts in this topic

It was really nice out this morning here on the North Shore of Long Island. I took my new to me Ok Prowler 13 out for her maiden voyage in Cold Spring Harbor. Nice to be back out paddling again. Weatherman is saying 50's for this weekend.

Alex

View Postyou should really get that kayak out of the sun. uv rays kill people and kayaks

Im curious, Ive read that all over that UV damages kayaks but I have never seen any evidence to that effect. We have kayaks at our shop that have been on display for close to 20 years outside, year round with no sign of deteriation.

I keep mine outside since always. No damage. Barrell you are killing me with these pix.

I am going to chunk frozen clams Friday. I will try and stay warm. The older I get the less I can deal with cold. I need a hat and a warm cup of milk, I am freezing.

We started fishing the ice this year and loved it. I take my kids fishing in almost every environment I hit. They took to ice fishing immediately and we had a rotation going when the flags started going up.

Aidan (7) loved handlining. He didn't love numb hands and a slippery perch so much though. cwm27.gif

We hit the Oswego River this weekend. I brought my 10 year old on his first trip for cold weather Lake Ontario trib fishing, hoping to hit a few of the early steelies that have made an appearance. We took exactly one fish, a domestic rainbow, but it was his largest sweetwater catch to date.

The hook up

He took some line and fought nicely.

Mission accomplished! It was all the sweeter for havinh been done with Uncle Charlie, the guy who always took me fishing and has been pumping me up the past 4 years to fish the Salmon and Oswego.

If I make it up in the spring I will bring the ya and troll Cleo's at the mouth of the little streams.

Makes me glad I live in Boston where it is warm and we can fish year round. there is no off season here.

IMGP1181.jpg

water temps can be cool this time of year though...

IMGP1238.jpg

Nice pics of the Oswego, and nice fish. I've never seen it with so much snow. We always used to go up in early Nov for Steelhead before winter had really set in.

Alex

Slappy you're still nuts but catching fish so I can't knock ya....Looks like my kayak is gonna see action before I thought. A freind of mine and his son went through the ice at a local pond last weekend (everyone made it out okay) and we have a salvage operation planned for his auger that's on the bottom.icon25.gif