BassinJ

Massive Plug Storage Box

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

View PostTake any of the boxes pictured, remove all the crap tha holds the plugs verticle, and one could stack close to 3 times more plugs, if stacked like cord-wood.headscratch.gif

How would you pull out something from the middle? kooky.gifbiggrin.gif

EDIT FOR A TIP: Make a "J" hook out of something. Like a wire hanger. When a plug falls down the tube, it makes it easy to grab...

Chris

How wide would you make the holes of the pvc? I'd like to fit 2-3 bombers in each tube, and also have the tubes big enough to fit A40 Swimmers, and Danny swimmers (I've seen pvc tubes that couldn't fit these particular plugs).

** Warning*** if you go home-made with lure tubes be very careful that you

select a good material for the tube. Many cheap plastic clear tubes have a

chemical reaction to the rubbery plugs and will turn your lures into greasy-melt mess in short order. Bad. cwm31.gif

I was able to get my hands on a milk crate and I got myself some pvc pipes cut to 10" long and 2" wide. I measured the crate and figure I can fit about 35 tubes in the crate. I'm hoping this is enough to store plenty of plugs in.

I will try and get some pictures of the homemade storage box when I complete it. Thanks for all the help and info guys! icon14.gif

Musky lure tackle boxes work for striper wood, and various of those are still made but sold regionally.

If you go to milk crates, check the kayak forum for a nice thread last fall on putting a lid on a crate.

I finished my storage box. The milk crate I was able to get for free, the pvc pipe costed me $12, my friend who works at a hardware store cut them for me. I was able to get 36 peices for $12, each peice 10" long, and 2" wide.

Here are a couple pics of the finished box icon14.gif. Thanks for all the help/info guys!

33ttee8.jpg

1o4lr5.jpg

I just got the Flambeau Maximizer Cube for a b'day gift icon24.gif

Whoa, this thing is a tank! The tubes are just a wee bit over sized to say the least, lol. It's well made and much more than I expected.

Nonetheless I'm already thinking of scaling down the tubes, or maybe even replacing them with storage boxes. Gotta love these kind of decisions.

Andy, I love the retro you did on that bag. That's exactly along the lines I was thinking. Guess I'm gonna have to super size it some how.

This thing is a monster. I also have the hard box as well. I need a third in the near future. What I like about it is not only the plug storage but the pockets are so valuable for holding leaders, sinkers, soft baits, bags of gulp and anythig else you can possibly need. Easch side pocket holds 4 of the small plano boxes. Great for bucktails and lead jigheads. Leader spools fit in the front pocket and in the rear is another the full length of the bag. I have seen them as high as $129.00 and on sale for as little as $79.00 at Cabelas.