BassinJ

Massive Plug Storage Box

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Well, I used the search feature, and believe it or not nothing comes up, (try it if you don't believe me). That being said, I made this post to try and find an idea on making a plug storage box. I want something that is big enough to hold ALOT of plugs. I want to be able to take a big box of plugs with me when I go plugging, this way when I get to the beach, and find out what the conditions are, and what the bait presence is, I can head back to the car, and select what plugs will best suit me for that day. Instead of having to say "ooh man, I wish I had a heavy needle on me" or "Darn...if only I my bottle plug".

Any ideas on making a plug storage box? Or can you buy one already made that will hold ALOT of lures? I'd really like to see some homemade plug storage boxes, and hear how you made it. Thanks for any info! Oh, and here is a pic I took from this website awhile ago, this is an idea of what I'd like to make.

2e33a7b.jpg

View PostAny ideas on making a plug storage box? Or can you buy one already made that will hold ALOT of lures? I'd really like to see some homemade plug storage boxes, and hear how you made it. Thanks for any info! Oh, and here is a pic I took from this website awhile ago, this is an idea of what I'd like to make.

2e33a7b.jpg

That's just a crate with PVC tubes cut to size and probably glued together. You can do that for under $30 I'm betting.

Bassjr that is very easy to make. Simply get a tub or a crate that you think is big enough for you and then go to HomeDepot and buy some PVC pipe. you can get some really long peices for a few dollars. Cut them all out to the same length and fill your bin up. Try to squeeze as many as you can into the bin this way they will all stand up. You are better off probably using 2inch+ sizes of PVC. The bigger the PVC more plugs you will be able to fit.

Couple of milk crates with Nutone Central Vac tubes cut to size. Got the tubes from plumbing/electrical supply house. I put some thin plastic/foam board with holes drilled out in the bottom of the crates first so longer plugs don't get hooks hung up when they poke through the bottom of the crate.

second pic is an old Plano Hanging Bait Box...pretty handy if you can find one. Don't think they make them any more.

Pretty sure one of the links above has this covered.