Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10x10

Dumb questions

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

This is great.I'm standin around in this tackle shop and a guy walks in and says "I just got here how's the fishing?"

The guy behind the counter says it's been pretty good .So the guy says,"well,I don't know where anything is.Show me some spots on this map."the guy at the counter shows the guy a few spots on the map.Than the guy says,get this, this is good,"Which beach is closest to the water?"

Man I almost died.I had to walk out the door I was so cracked up.

The guy at the counter didn't miss a beat."Well,they're all about the same."

Perfect dead pan expression on his face too..Only made it worse.cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Gets my vote for dumb question of the year.

Got any good ones?

That's some funny stuff.

Mine About five years ago I was standing on the beach at turtle cove when two lady's asked me how to get to the Ocean. I wasn't as fast as the guy in your tackle shop I though they were pulling my leg.

Ok...10x10, here's one.

I was standing in a bait shop shooting the breeze with a friend that worked there and a guy called on the phone and asked how the fishing had been. My friend tells him it has been a little slow lately. The caller then asks, "So do you think I should stay home?" <<.......Right about now you're thinking that's the dumb question, right?!>> My friend says, "Noone ever caught a fish from the phone so I suggest you try"...sorta letting him know that's a dumb question. The caller retorts, "Well, what time do you think I should fish?"

Then we wonder why the tackle shop guy is a little nasty when we get there sometimes.rolleyes.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

[This message has been edited by DaveC (edited 08-17-2001).]

In waders, surf rod violently shaking a pencil popper, older couple walking on the beach.

She yells out "watcha doin"

I reply "painting the house"

He busted out laughing. biggrin.gif

So did I.

I am fishing in Montauk on the town beach early in the AM. A guy comes up to me and says "what you fishin for". I said "for the halabit". He said "Oh they have halibut here"?

I had aguy walk up to me at the wasque rip i the midle of some bluefoish bitin way out in the rip holding a brand new spinning outfit from coops and says how do you use this?

I couldn't think of what to tell him.I mean it's a spinning rod.duh.How's this work?

"ever catch anything here"?

um, no mamm i wore a helmet to school and I do this for my health

"ever catch anything here"?

Um, yes, actually I just caught a shark about 10 minutes ago, is that your son swimming over there"?

You pull into the lot at the Sagamore at 10 PM, you're loading two rods and a bag of tackle onto your bike, and someone walks by with a dog on a leash---"Gonna do some fishing?"

"Yeah, I guess, it's too hot to play golf".

Standing at the front of my Explorer, cooler in the rack open putting ice on a fish that was in it, 6 rods in the rod tubes on the cooler rack, most sticking 9-10' in the air and it seems like at least 1 out of 10 people walking by point to the cooler rack and say "What's that for?"

I worry that they won't be able to find their way home...then I worry more that they are even driving cwm31.gif

Dubs, Alberto, BrianZ, and myself are up to our armpits digging in the sand/mud and putting clams in two shooting baskets. Numerous people walk by and ask the other what they are doing. Unfortunately no one asked me, I was gonna tell 'em "We're looking for the right spot to bury our eggs."

I want sweatshirts/T-shirts/hats/pins/vests that say, in big bold letters "Do I look like I wanna talk to you?" - Front and back please wink.gif

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 08-18-2001).]

A caller to Betty & Nicks:

"Do you guys have any boneless clams?"

As hard as this is to believe, he didn't even get a demoralizing answer.

"Yup. We got 'em"

Hoze

Fishing LBI one morning, and tossing a Hopkins, a lady comes up to me and says. "Why do you keep reeling that thing in , you should just keep it out there."

I simply shrugged my shoulders and turned around. I thought about that question the rest of the morning.

Ant

when i was younger,i used to do alot of trout fishing.so one day i'm really putting a beating on them at a small stocked damn.and this guy is watchihng my every move.now i'm always willing to pass on a little info to help another person out.but this guy sends his kid over to do his dirty work for him.the kid is about maybe 6 or 7.he comes over and says"hey mister,my dad sent me over to ask you what your using?"i tell him puppy dogs.his jaw drops,and he gets this kinda blank stare.and i say yeah you know,puppy dogs.the brookies really like the spotted ones.he wanders back over to his old man and proceededs to tell him what i said.man,if looks could kill.

guzz