Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Churchman

Sliced Bread

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Well almost. The trimmers and tile guy's are using this on our job. Just clip it on your collar and never look for your pencil again. It's called a "Pencil Pull".

The best part is you don't get the " Hey man, can I borrow your pencil?"wink.gif

Fits Sharpies or Carpenter Pencilssmile.gif

so the issue of constantly losing them is solved.. now will somebody tell me the secret on sharpening those carpenter pencils?headscratch.gif no matter how careful I am I usually wind up breaking off the lead .. and I've never found a sharpener that works mad.gif

in the trades me whole life.............sheetrock knife.....block plane at times........just like fishing can always tell a noob, in this case how he sharpens a pencil, use a hard lead for detail work ,the line doesn;t get wider as it is drawn along

View Postso the issue of constantly losing them is solved.. now will somebody tell me the secret on sharpening those carpenter pencils?headscratch.gif no matter how careful I am I usually wind up breaking off the lead .. and I've never found a sharpener that works mad.gif

I've gone back to regular pencils. I buy them at the Dollar Store so if one breaks its no biggie.

View Postin the trades me whole life.............sheetrock knife.....block plane at times........just like fishing can always tell a noob, in this case how he sharpens a pencil, use a hard lead for detail work ,the line doesn;t get wider as it is drawn along

I resent the 'noob' label even if it does fit wink.gif .. but I swear these things come with pre-busted lead inside cause I get down to the last sliver of wood that needs to removed and the barely touch the lead and bam! . I'll go with the lead being 2 soft... better yet I'll go with Speed's suggestion and buy pencils that fit in a sharpener, he's well beyond the noob stage cool.gif afterall.

Works like a charm...

pencil-sharpener.gif

But I have found that I really like round pencils better than the wide (oval?) ones. I feel like they keep a better point and the lead stays put much better. I just use the back of my baseball hat to hold my pencil. Most of the time I forget it's there after work and look like I'm walking around with a feather in my cap.

I did a little research. Pencils can range in price from .25 printed to the preimum which is .70. In our area, Builders General gives out good pencils. There's also mason's pencils which have a much harder lead. It's like caulk for your box or caulk line, every color has a different use.cwm15.gif

I like the big round carpenters pencil, when I am inside doing finish work I have a skinny pencil also have a electric pencil shaperener set up on the work bench, always need a sharp point doing finish,matt