Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BahrainYaker

Another Trip to Oman

11 posts in this topic

Well its been a while since my last post, so here is a quick funny story that happened to me while I was out there fishing. On one of the days my friend and I decide to launch from a spot that will get us to a drop off that we fished on a previous day with a power boat and caught many fish there. So we drove to the beach that we saw from the boat on that day and went for it on our kayaks, so we crossed over the most amazing coral beds that stretched a good 500 to 600 meters before we got to a deeper area as intended. We fished for about 3 hours and the fishing was great as suspected but what we forgot to factor in was that it was neap tide that was creeping up on us and we were to busy fishing. We ended up draging and scraping our kayaks for the whole distance (600m), our kayaks were heavy with gear and it was taking us ages to get to the sandy beach and to make things worse I didnt have any footwear kooky.gif it was an agonizing lesson.

As for the pics these are some of the fish that were caught on the trip + random stuff.

View PostWhat kind of fish are they?

They look like they have a lot of meat on them.

The redish fish is Emperor snapper and it does have a lot of meat. the silver fish is a Seabream.

Both types of fish taste greatbiggrin.gif

View Postgreat pics, thanks for sharing...

BTW, what is that orange stuff around your neck called? I defn need one of those...

DBS

You know what, I already put this orange piece of cloth in my essential kayak or fishing gear list. Its U.V. protectant and can be used in many applications. Its a type of headwear that is made by 2 companies that I know of : 1-Buff Headwear 2-H.A.D. wear, The one I have on is a H.A.D. and I use it in hot and sunny situations aswell as windy times and its pretty good,+ you can wear it in different ways.