Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capekayak

Deep Freeze in the Keys

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

NATURAL GRAND "SLAM" OR IS IT.....Whats going to happen to the fish down the road? Yes, those are Bonefish,Grouper and Tarpon.....many many more.This was not the way I was hoping to see my first fish.

I guarantee it's going to hurt the fishing.. the groves and the plant nursery's.. This is all going to hurt to FL economy I would think. I know my dads palm nursery is pretty much done. Every palm tree he has if fried frown.gif

Flamingo and the Everglades got hit pretty hard, from what I've heard on the fishing show this am, snook, poons, jacks and bone fish floating belly up

I've been walking my local bridges everyday and the fish kill doesn't seem to be that bad in the middle keys, a lot of dead grunts and tropical fish, a few snappers and small groupers, one small snook

water temp was 52 F today and should be climbing up this week, with high 70's by the weekend and SE winds

I haven't caught a fish in over a week cwm31.gif, I'm going through MAJOR withdrawlal

View PostThat's one of the global warming effects Al Gore is so worried about.

This is the damn "global cooling" the homeless guy outside the train station has been talking about for years. Why didn't we listen?

I think the global warming band wagon will need to jump back on that global freezing. They are a busy bunch.

Wait to the snook start dying in droves..Wait that's already happening. This florida chill has made me abort my Biscayne Bay trip for Bones. frown.gif

Ice melting causing cold water to get into the gulf stream and negating the warm flow... Causes cold weather overall. Also, Mr. Freeze is still alive. Someone call Batman.

Looking at a few pictures and talking to my friends father who lives in the keys. Its pretty bad down there. Fish ranging from tarpon, snook, catfish, bonefish...........the list goes on and on. And from what I've read. Alot of which were of breeding age.

They are even saying its gonna get worse as the temps rebound. And decomposition brings bacteria into play.

Hope this doesn't effect my month long excursion in march through april down there.

View PostI think the global warming band wagon will need to jump back on that global freezing. They are a busy bunch.

Wait to the snook start dying in droves..Wait that's already happening. This florida chill has made me abort my Biscayne Bay trip for Bones. frown.gif

don't get discouraged, plenty of boofish and ladyfish around biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif