Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

Donovan McNabb

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

Okay, now that the board's big three teams are out of the playoffs (Pats, Eagles, Giants), let's get down to offseason discussions.

Donovan McNabb: going or staying?

Personally, I was never that big of a fan of McNabb in this offense for two simple reasons. First, his fakes are absolutely horrible and have always been horrible. The West Coast offense depends on quality handwork by the QB to momentarily freeze a defense for those short routes. He's never done this and the next quality fake I see him do will be the first quality fake I see him do.

Secondly, his accuracy, while okay, has never been the greatest and usually hovers around the upper 50's (carrer average around 58%). This just won't cut it for the West Coast style which absolutely needs a QB throwing in the mid- to upper-60's in order to really thrive.

That being said, I think he's got to go in favor of Kolb just so that we're not doggy paddling another season even if this means complete failure. McNabb should be dealt and he will likely thrive in a Erhardt - Perkins system or a spread system.

I dont know.. playing against mcnabb is a PITA .. that being said, theyve always said, we need offensive weapons, we need a running game, etc. etc etc.. well, you have the waepons, you have a pro bowl back, a westbrook, and a rookie who is gonna be good and same result.. maybe it is mcnabb.. defense crapped itself last week, but I dont know..

I odnt knwo what to think at this point......but I suspect he wont be back. I would be ok with that, I think....so long as they got something back in retunr of value.

View PostI'm sure there are Iggles fans so blinded by their devotion to McNabb they cannot see his faults,

and will continue to credit him for the wins,

and blame his team mates for his losses.

nope but he won alot of games, you cant deny that......well kowing you you can....but anyway.

The way the Eagles org/management thinks, they probably think had Jackson not torn his ACL this team was headed to the SB. That being said I have an awful feeling McCrab will be back next year to bite us in the azz again.....

John

I'm in favor of turning the page and going with Kolb for next season. Mcnabb has been a good qb for the past 10 years but his inability to get over that hump is killing this organization. Even if next year turns out to be another bust...i'm just ready to see someone different running this offense.

As for defense...where to start. First they need to get healthy and stay healthy. Getting Bradley back is going to make a big difference. They could definately use some depth at Safety and Lineman.

View Postnope but he won alot of games, you cant deny that......well kowing you you can....but anyway.

He's a good but flawed QB,

I would have been happy if he spent his career in DC.

does a lot of things well,

but can be VERY innaccurate at the wrong time,

not sure he's money in the clutch.

View PostHe's a good but flawed QB,

I would have been happy if he spent his career in DC.

does a lot of things well,

but can be VERY innaccurate at the wrong time,

not sure he's money in the clutch.

he won alot of big games in his career....lost them too.....he has been good enough to wind up playing in lots of big games in his 11 yrs.

but in the edn 11 yrs weve seen this show enough.

I'm a fan of Kolb, and would like to see him get a chance. But, I had been frustrated for years that Reid and Co. (other than 2004) didn't give McNabb any quality WRs. Now, he's finally surrounded by legitimate weapons, and it would kinda suck for him to only get one chance with them.

When they redid his contract last year and it only included a salary bump, and no extension, I pretty much assumed he'd get 2009 and 2010 and then the ball would be handed to Kolb. I'm still okay with that plan.

I've said it before... as long as it's McNabb or Kolb, I'll be happy. No Vick.

McNabb talked about the team being young and inexperienced after the regular season drubbing the Eagles took from the stinkin cow- boys.I don't think that he was throwing anyone under the bus or making excuses...he was just sayin it like it is...

the Eagles have some really good young players....guys that shined in the regular season..... but some of them were not able to handle the kind of pressure that goes with an away playoff game...

some of the Igg's young guys and key veteran guys were pretty banged up by the end of the season...

Once again, the Iggs fans are disappointed and Dono will get the heat for not advancing past Dallas, but McNabb will be back and that the Eagles will be stronger next season if he stays healthy...

View PostMcNabb talked about the team being young and inexperienced after the regular season drubbing the Eagles took from the stinkin cow- boys.I don't think that he was throwing anyone under the bus or making excuses...he was just sayin it like it is...

the Eagles have some really good young players....guys that shined in the regular season..... but some of them were not able to handle the kind of pressure that goes with an away playoff game...

some of the Igg's young guys and key veteran guys were pretty banged up by the end of the season...

Once again, the Iggs fans are disappointed and Dono will get the heat for not advancing past Dallas, but McNabb will be back and that the Eagles will be stronger next season if he stays healthy...

I was actually hoping after the playoff game that some of the young guys came out and said how we showed our advanced age at certain positions cwm27.gif

McNabb's an above average QB. I dont think Kolb is above average. It would be a decline in the position.

The o-line didn't give him more than 2-3 seconds on most pass plays.

The D-fense was pathetic most of the year. How they won as many games as they did, should be credited to McNabb.

They need linebackers, and get rid of Sheldon brown. He was beat like a yard dog. Almost every 3rd down against the C-boys, they went after brown, and got it.