Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Indoor bike racks?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I need to get our two bikes off the floor of our living room. Everytime I watch Seinfeld, I see a bike handing vertically in Jerry's apartment. I'd really like something like that in my home for our two bikes.

Does anyone have any first hand experience using these. Pro/cons.

I had a rack from Performance Bike shops (I believe) that did not get mounted to the wall but used pressure to hold it between the ceiling and the floor. It worked well in my apartment but it was really took up a bit of space.

View PostScrew-in J-hooks from Homey's. About $2 each. Hang 'em from the ceiling, just make sure to find a joist, the sheetrock won't hold them too long.

yep, vinyl coated. Work great.

View PostI have this for my road/tri bikes. Its amazing

attachment.php?attachmentid=316973&stc=1

I have two like this in my shed... I saw them at a Sportsman show, took a picture with my cellphone and came home and built them from 3/4" black steel pipe and two of those 'cheap' trunk mount bike carriers that I bought at Goodwill. My top and bottom holders are oak 2x4's (from some dunnage at work). I drilled 3/4" holes, slid the pipe up through the top boards, then let it drop back into the bottom one. If you were creative, you could make the whole thing look really nice and place it in your living room (already working on one for my friend, Souk) with a little oak cabinet below it for helmets and other gear.