Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WetSideShawn

Jets/SD

Rate this topic

225 posts in this topic

Ok we all know that SD is the favorite in this game being home on an 11 game win streak against a team that shouldn't be in the playoffs and only are because the colts basically didn't care.

Ok so now let's sum it up and here options.

Jets: #1 rushing game in the NFL and 31st in the passing game with a rookie QB, There D is a little better though #8 in rush yards allowed 1st in shutting down the pass with Revis doing aGREAT job shutting down every big named receiver this year.

But will the Jets be able too run the ball as effectively as they did against the Bangles? If the Jets get shutdown with the run they will be forced too throw the ball Sanchez last week only threw the ball I believe 17 times which lead too no mistakes for him.

The Jets will be putting Revis on Jackson for sure and Kerry Rhodes will be manned up with A.Gates which will mean Malcolm Floyd will have too have a big game.

Can SD win and go too there second AFC champ game in 3 years? Or will the Jets upset the Chargers at home

Lets hear your thoughts.

Lito Shepard needs to step up... When the Jets played the Colts, Manning picked him apart... Revis will do his part... Too bad the big run stopper is out for the year... We miss Jenkins up the gut but they have held their own without him... This one is going to be tough but I have confidence in this team... Lets go Jets!

turnovers and special teams always decide big games.

Jets seem to have some momentum going. Was it last year they got torched in SD on a monday or thursday night game? whenever I hope they remember it.

Nate Kaeding of SD has been known to miss a kick or 2. Jets need to contain Sprowles on kickoffs and punts.

Every post here makes extremely valid points, all correct as far as I can see.

I think it's going to be a squeaker so my money is on SD to win but the Jets to cover

But my Jets fan heart is saying the Jets are going to win it outright

View Post

But my Jets fan heart is saying the Jets are going to win it outright

listen to you're inner self . smile.gif

they can win ! it's OK to think they can win . they belong .

smile.gif

Chargers QB Phillip Rivers has been outstanding all season.Rivers has been the key to SD's success...if he plays well the Chargers are gonna beat the Jets...

My hope is that Rex will figure out a way to kinda take Rivers' passing ability out of the game early on and force SD into a running game...in that kind of game Rex would have a huge advantage over Norv Turner...Turner hates to run the ball and he becomes "mistake prone" if things go wrong...

If the Jets defense can "get to" Rivers in the first quarter, and make Norv adjust his game plan,the Jets are gonna kick butthighfive.gif

C'mon JETS!

Jets need to keep SD's O off the field by controlling the clock with their running game. They can do it as the SD defense doesn't match up well against the Jets' O-line physically and had been mediorce to poor against the run during the regular season.

If they can do that and Sanchez minimizes his mistakes while making some passes to keep SD honest, they'll win.